Sunday, May 8, 2022

Day 3549: Beyond Reason.


"Beyond Reason": drawing, junk mail collage, digital.

 


Want music?




Click here: George Benson, Breezin'
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

First Saturday of the month of May is the Kentucky Derby.

 
We missed two years during the pandemic but today it was back bigger, and better than ever. The big hats ...
 


 
a party atmosphere, and speculation on who will win.
 

I caught myself smiling at the tv, amidst a whole bunch of memories. It's that time of year when I hunker down and watch
 
  
The 148th Run for the Roses produced the second biggest upset in the race’s history, as favorite Epicenter finished second followed by Zandon. Rich Strike overcomes 80-1 odds to win Kentucky Derby. Rich Strike was entered only after Ethereal Road was declared out of the race Friday morning. The long-shot has only raced seven times previously.
 
Rich Strike, with jockey Sonny Leon.

  I was stirred by so many memories from more than 60 years ago. When I was 11, my Mom pulled me out of boarding school and we flew to Sydney, Australia where she married Des. My step-Dad was world a world renowned race horse trainer. So from boarding school and no pets to having my own horse, dog, cat, magpie and even a cockatoo, was quite a change.
 
 
Des had a large stable and training facility in Melbourne. Even though he had stable boys I learned to work too. I learned to switch from riding Western to English, and sometimes got to help with morning workouts. When not in school, I'd go with Des to races. He would give me the equivalent of $20 to bet and sometimes gave me hints.I would put away $10 and only bet $10, so no matter what I came home with $10 more than I had to begin with, or more.
 

 
So again today as I watched I remembered ... yes some horses love to run, others tolerate. I watched the jockeys and remembered their athleticism. A soft spot for the stable hands & their care for the horses. I remembered rubbing the horse's muscular neck. Their whole body like a revved high performance engine, ready. Feeling the soft nuzzle with hairs that tickled. Their eyes that could be relaxed or on alert. There's a special tie between a young girl and a horse. I lived there for four years, a huge part of my life. TMI?



Wishing you a lovely weekend ...
And, Happy Mothers Day to Moms and the many who are "Moms" to non-birth children, you are great Moms indeed.
 
 

 
 
 
An amazing 2-minute video, Sleep/Mountainhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Capermay Warbler


 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 






 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

If only the world could live in reason. There seems to be a disease about called unreasonable. Unreasonableness seems to have symptoms of greed mixed in with selfishness…..especially when looking at the Russian invasion into Ukraine.

elenor said...

Beyond Reason is all that happens now. How can we stop this state of the mind? I don't know. Your digital drawing collage expresses this excellent.
Wishing you another good week, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Yes, you nailed it!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I don't have answers. Men with too much power, greed and selfishness seem to be in control? Wishing you and your family a great week.