Saturday, January 1, 2022

Day 3421: About face! 2022

 

 

"About face": ink drawing, photos, junk mail collage, watercolor & digital.




Want music?




Click here for Yo-Yo Ma, Auld Lang Syne.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update 2022 ...

  


This is an old photo I adopted from a flea market a few years ago, knowing she could not be ignored.   I worked on it digitally and liked the result. So tonight, on the last day of 2021, and pondering 2022, I feel I can relate to that look.

I think I gave up resolutions many years ago, saving myself from disappointment if I didn't follow through. Some choose a word for the coming year, which I think is admirable. But, if I chose one, it would probably be purge? And that sounds so negative? So I will enter 2022 unencumbered, and see what happens.

I am ready to say goodbye to 2021, I learned some new things and probably forgot more. Before the new year I finally have heat again and a new locking front door. But the biggest additions are two brand new shoulders with weekly physical therapy to get the maximum range out of both.

I look forward to 2022 because I have a January 5th appointment with my surgeon to get an okay for returning to karate training on January 6th!

 I wish the happiest, healthiest new year in 2022 for you, your family and friends. And, I thank you for stopping by this silly blog when time allows.

 

 
 
A cute 2+minute video, Rich Livinghere.


 
Just because ...
 
European Owl


 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 




 
 


 

 
 

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 



6 comments:

elenor said...

Each face tells a different story and each one is beautiful. If you ask which face I like most, I'd say the right one in the third row. She (or is it he?) looks so good humored, happy, curious, friendly, funny, ....
And I'd like to learn to be this way. Maybe I'm already too old? Never mind, at least I have to start.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for returning to karate training.
Jacki, do you mind if I ask how you make your great photo collages?

Wishing you good luck for the rest of the New Year!

Carrol Wolf said...

Happy New Year Jacki, and thank you for all the eye candy and laughs during 2021. I am certain you have no idea what a treat it is to open email and find not only ads for things you don't want or need and then your lovely, creative blog. I don't know how you do it each day, but please keep it up.

john said...

So many favorite portraits. Lovely to see them together as if at a tea party. Happy New Year woman with two new shoulders! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elemor, I agree with your choice which is the happiest of the dozen. I think maybe our happiness is determined by our attitude or approach to each day? I will try to do better.

jacki long said...

Thanks you Carrol, your kind words lift me more than you know.I am wishing you and Stan, your beautiful family and friends a terrific, healthy, happy 2022.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I do appreciate my two new shoulder, but the daily PT is a bear. Wishing you all the very best of everything in 2022!