Saturday, January 15, 2022

Day 3436: Playtime.


 

"journal page 4": junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here for Ryan &Dad, You'll Be In My Heart
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...

About 15 (or more) years ago, back when I taught at ARTbar, I bought a paper journal, which was part of a set by Randi Feuerhelm-Watts.

Randi had taught a class at the Artbar, and offered this set, which I bought. I did look at the card set and glanced through the journal and added it to my books on the shelf. Recently, I got it out. The journal is unusual as it has painted pages with random quotes and text, ...

I started using this journal in October 2021, and gradually I stared adding stuff 


 But today, I started playing, adding scraps of paper or pictures to add to the pages. I had so much fun. Just colorful scraps and a glue stick.

  


 

 The 2-page spreads looked like ...

 

 

I have often said, that if I am ever in an old folks home, I'll be the one in the corner, doing collage with a glue stick.


 

 

 2GN2S

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A sweet 3+minute video,Wonderful Worldhere.


 
Just because ...
 
King Bird of Paradise

 
 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 



 
 

 
 


 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

To see so many journal pages is a real treat, Jacki. I had an online class this week and learned to make a soft cover coptic stitched book. I already filled a lot of pages, some of them with collages. I loved doing this.
Jacki, I'll join you sitting in the corner with a glues stick doing collage. But I prefer doing it at home and not in an old folks home - as you do, I'm sure. I never thought about this case. Your idea makes this possibility at least a lot more bearable.

john said...

I say, “Play on”. You must have had so much fun. :-)

jacki long said...

Okay, Elenor, we can be a pair collaging, at your house or mine? ;o)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I really did. Happy weekend!