Monday, January 17, 2022

Day 3438: Monday.

 

 

"Flora": photo, collage & digital.





Want music?




Click here for Bill Withers, Just the Two of Us.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update ...

 


Blue Monday?

Steel yourselves,we're almost to Blue Monday, the infamous date thought to be the most depressing day of the year. Back in 2005, someone made a list of all of the factors that could make for a really bad day and decided that the third Monday in January was when they all converged. Start with the fact it's a Monday, then factor in some winter gloom, a post-holiday slump (and possible holiday bills) and abandoned New Year's resolutions and yes, you've got the perfect equation for a day spent in bed with your head under the covers.

Here's the thing: Blue Monday isn't real at all! The whole concept was a marketing tactic by a travel company to approximate when people would be most likely to daydream about booking a vacation! I say we reclaim this fake sad day. However you're feeling, let's all agree to do something this Monday to keep our spirits high and our hearts hopeful. Call it an Un-Blue Monday! 

 



2GN2S ... Good News



 

 
 
 
A cute 1-minute video, little flamingoshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Mountain Bluebird


 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 
 


 

 
 

 
 


 

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

No Blue Mondays for me! I say happy Martin Luther King Day. Let’s think about everything that has changed for the better. Let’s think about what still needs changing and work on that.Let’s call it Challenge Day….challenge to become a better world.
Love your flora piece. You are the mistress of digital collage. WOW! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I agree, Mondays or any days are what we make them. Happy MLK Day.

elenor said...

It was an "Un-Blue Monday" for me. Today no walk, so I enjoyed staying at home. I tried to reorganize my desk - I couldn't find my things without looking for them for quite some time. I was surprised to find some nice things I didn't remember.
Jacki, have a good training tomorrow.

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Elenor. I had lunch with daughter, Erin, and we did some grocery shopping. Always fun to be with her.