Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Day 3440: Waiting.

 

"Waiting": photo, junk mail collage & digital.

 

Similar, but different variations of "Waiting".


b


c

 

d

 

Any preference?

 



Want music?




Click here for Rose Royce, I'm Wishing on a Star.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...


On my drive to the dojo today, I left a little early so I could stop on 10th Street in Downtown Santa Ana, to get photos of a great wall, Faces of Santa Ana.




 


This mural is installed on OCEAA Charter school in Santa Ana. It is a collaboration between the school, Purple Unity Project, Superior Property Services, and Acry-latex paints. The mural features a red and blue side, slowly blending to become purple in the middle. The middle of the mural features large heart hands, an invigoration for spectators to take a photo and declare to stand in unity with neighbors around the theme.

 At the time, I didn't know the artist. With the help of Google, I found Brian Peterson, an eloquent young artist.   A beautiful video, here.

Brian Peterson

Rosa Parks

 
Malala Yousafzai
 
 
 
Einstein


Frida Kahlo




Caesar Chavez

 So Special!

 


 
 
A great 7+minute video, Faces of Santa Anahere.


 
Just because ...
 
Yellow Oriole

 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 


 


 
 



 
 
 


 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

4 comments:

john said...

My mouth dropped open when I saw “Waiting”. Totally and I mean totally spectacular. :-)

elenor said...

Your choice would've been my choice. It's wonderful!
I watched the video about Brian Peterson and I was so impressed by his kindness and open heart. How great there are people like him who care about those who are not as fortunate as many of us. What he does really makes a difference in their lives.
Jacki, I'm so glad you enjoyed yesterday's training and I'm sure you are already looking forward to your next training tomorrow.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I did it on Monday and liked it a lot. Sometimes I get lucky!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I didn't even know who the artist was, but after a lot of searches, I found him and was so impressed. I love the wall and everything it stands for.