Sunday, January 9, 2022

Day 3430: Happy Sunday!

 

"Mia", photo, junk mail collage & digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Yolanda Adams, Is Not Yours.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

  
Two of a kind AND one of a kind ...
 

California twins born 15 minutes apart separated by birth year.

Ready for a head-scratcher? Two twins, two birthdays, two birth YEARS! A set of twins at the Natividad Medical Center in Monterey County, California made a dramatic entrance when big brother Alfredo Antonio Trujillo came into the world on December 31 and sister Aylin Yolanda followed on New Year's Day, at exactly midnight. Obviously, their mother and the medical staff were tickled pink by the babies' timing. The hospital said the odds of twins being born in different years are about one in two million. You just KNOW these two siblings are going to have fun with this for the rest of their lives.  According to the hospital, twins born in different years is about a one in two million chance.


Another feel good, 2GN2S ...

Map drawn from memory helps man reunite with family decades after abduction


The long way home


When he was four years old, Li Jingwei was abducted from his home in China and taken to live with another family. It's a tragically common problem in parts of China, and as Li grew up, he knew he had a family waiting for him -- somewhere out there -- in a place he could still remember. For years, he would stave off homesickness by drawing a map of his childhood village -- the rice paddies and paths, even the field where the water buffalo live. Now, technology and social media have helped many kidnapped children like Li find their way home. So he decided to take a shot: He posted one of his maps online with a simple request. "I want to be able to see my parents again while they are still here," he said. People leapt at the chance to help, and even China's Ministry of Public Security got involved. Authorities located Li's birth mother and set up a video call, and he instantly recognized her -- they have the same lips, Li said, and even the same teeth. They reunited in person on January 1, after 30 years apart. "I've finally found my baby," Li's mother said.


 

 
 
 
A funny -1 minute video, Lion King duethere.


 
Just because ...
 
Harpy Eagle

 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 


 

 





 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


7 comments:

elenor said...

Even two 2GN2S stories, that's nice, Jacki.
Besides your collage I also like the first and the last smile for Sunday.
I hope you had a fine Sunday. Although it was icy, windy and cloudy we were walking for two hours. It was hard to get up and go but it's so good for the soul and the mind.

Jane I said...

Jacki,

Your collage lady is very differently created and impressive. You amaze me
in this category of your creativity, reminding me of my cat in the hat lady. I appreciate and admire your persistent creative ingenuity seen daily on your blog. Thanks so much. Jane

Carrol Wolf said...

Great sexy portrait. I love it! The story of the twins is so sweet, but I would NOT have wanted to be that mother. If I read it right, she waited a lot of hours between births. (Although being blond, I may have indeed read it wrong,) The video was crazy but I screen captured the guy's face because he had such great expressions. And I sent the McDonalds cartoon to my daughter who is always warning me about all the stuff beside grease and potatoes that are in their fries. Thank you,thank you.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor.I am picturuing you on your walk, as I still have so many of the beautiful pictures of Austria in my mind. Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you Jane, it is really wonderful; hearing from you. I was just looking at one of your sisters artwork yesterday. I feel blessed to have met you at HBAL and the friendship that has continues over so many year. Not to mention our time in France together. Lucky indeed!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carrol, I always appreciate your feedback. I went back and reread the twins story, and it didn't specify the times of their birth, but I am hopi9ng Alfredo Anotonio WAS born at maybe 11:50 PM on December 31 as said, and then Aylin Yolanda was born just after midnight on New Years Day, so there wouldn't be too great a time in between. Actually the idea of twins is "huge" to me. Thanks again.

john said...

I love the tilt of the head in this latest piece. Perfect for the composition. :-0