Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Day 3425: Blue skies.

 

 

"Blue skies, tall palm": photography.

 



Want music?




Click here for Justin Timberlake, Can't Stop the Feeling.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

A question. When so you take down your Christmas or holiday decorations? Is it a set date? Mine is usually after New Years, since I put up a little later than most. WonderWoman says that I left the big tree up till Easter when she was a kid! That is not true. She sometimes exaggerates for effect. That being that I react. 

I am ready, but will wait till one of my giant Grandhunks is free to stop by and lift down my bin and wait while I fill it so they can return it to the top shelf, until next December. Life goes on.

This morning my house was cold, we've been down to the low 40's at night. I know to some of you hardier species, that is tropical! But to us, wimpy SoCal babies, it is sub-zero.

 

But I digress. I am so thankful to be able to go to the thermostat and turn on heat, after two weeks waiting for repair. And then it only took five minutes before I  turned it off. The advantage of having a tiny place.  Did you notice this in a recent blog?

 

Well, I am on my way. I think it is a quick easy way to make sure I notice the many blessing that I sometimes pass over.

 

easy peazy?

 


2GN2S hint ...




 

 
 
 
A cute 2-minute video, Cuckoohere.


 
 Just because ...
 
 
Winston's Bird Of Paradise


 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 



 

 
 
 


 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Here school holidays last from December 24th to January 6th. After Epiphany school starts again and so the Christmas decorations should be taken down till then.
40 F at night is really fresh. This winter wasn't really cold here till now but I'm sure we will get snow and ice in the next week. Last Silvester was the warmest in history with temperature up to 60F. Crazy and not healthy.
I already told you that I love your idea with the empty jar for good notes. Even before I get out of my bed I think about the things I can be grateful for and every day I've got another special surprise. Life is good.

Jane I said...


Hi, Jacki and hope your New Year will be grand and good to you. I loved the bird and the jar idea. Thanks for all your efforts to keep us all alert and entertained every day. Jane

john said...

Palm trees are so interesting and there are so many types of them. I suppose some people don’t even think of how different they are. I sure like them when they are groomed. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, you are so kind to comment. I am glad you have had a good holiday season. Take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Jane. I wish you the best, healthiest, happiest new year in 2022. Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I do think palms are very sculptural, and as you said, so many varieties. I especially like the Washintonian, the very tall skinny ones with a pom pom palm on top. In Palm Springs they hve the Royal Palms, bu they chop the beard part off bluntly and it looks so strange to me. Someday, I will stop and get a photo.