Sunday, January 16, 2022

Day3437: Mushin

 

 

"journal page 2": junk mail collage




Want music?



Click here for Bill Withers, Lean On Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...


Image credit: Theerasak Saksritawee
 

Taiwan's Rainbow Village, an art park in Taichung, has a history almost as colorful as the murals that adorn its every surface. It was originally built as a settlement for retired Chinese soldiers after World War II.  In 2007, veteran Huang Yong-fu, then 84 years old, learned that the settlement, which had been his home or decades, was going to be demolished so the land could be sold to developers. To say goodbye, he picked up a brush and began to paint. He painted his furniture, his walls -- then the walls of his neighbors. Students from nearby universities began noticing the kaleidoscope of colorful figures and shared them online. They became so popular, a petition was started to preserve the buildings. The Taichung City government agreed and turned the site into a public park in 2014. Huang Yong-fu still lives there to this day, painting and greeting visitors who know him by his well-earned nickname, Grandpa Rainbow.

 

 

Update/Repost

 

"Mushin" kanji by Demura Sensei

Water


  One glass of water
 shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University study. 

  •  Lack of water 
is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. 

•  Preliminary research indicates that 
8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80%  of sufferers. 

•  A mere 2% drop in body water
 can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

•  Drinking 5 glasses of water daily 
decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. 

Are you drinking the water you should every day?
 
 
and now, a true Dad story ...
 
Back in 1990, my Dad, who lived in Florida, was disoriented and unable to continue living alone in his apartment.The building administrator said I would need to come and move him to a nursing home. I knew if that was the reality, it wasn't going to be in Florida. I flew there and Dad was indeed confused, not himself. Sometime skipping his meds, sometimes extra dosing.



I monitored his meds and started him on water. Lots of water! I remember him saying "I can't drink this much water." I countered, "Dad, you have to. We need to get all that junk diluted and out of your body." He trusted me and reluctantly drank lots of water.
In the next three days we gave away, and donated, then packed his car with what would fit. All while eating meals, lots of water & the meds as prescribed. The next day we set off to California.
Stopping each evening, and many times in between. The water regimen was in force and got easier for him each day. It turned out to be a 4 day trip with Dad feeling better each day. When we pulled into Yorba Linda on the fourth day, my Dad was lucid!
 
Dad lived with us for two years before getting his own apartment in Anaheim Hills where he lived on to dance at his granddaughter, WonderWoman's wedding in 1996.


And I often heard him talking to people saying ...
" ... do you drink enough water?"
 


 
 
A sweet 3-minute video, new babyhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Mourning dove

 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 
 




 
 


 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Such a beautiful journal page.
I love the quote of Anne Morrow Lindberg. She was a remarkable woman. I once had 3 books written by her and was so impressed. Would be worth reading again.
Jacki, when is your next training? I guess you are already looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful week!

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor. Yes, I had some of her books too, she was remarkable. I will train every Tuesday and Thursday, and I have PT on Wednesday for another month I think. Have a great week,

Jane I said...

Jacki,

I believe in the water message. It's also suggested that you drink a glass of water before going to bed at night. Thanks for all of your information.

Thanks so much for your unbelievable ability to continually posting so many interesting details, art, photos, places to visit etc. You continue to be amazing every dat. Love you for all you do. Jane

jacki long said...

Awww, thanks so much! Your kind words keep me going. And, belated Happy Birthday! You arew amazing and one of my heroes!

john said...

Journaling is so freeing. Your work is just that, too. What a treasure I received everyday single day from you.

:-)

jacki long said...

Awww, that means so much to me, John. I treasure our friendship and look forwqard to seeing your work each day!