Sunday, January 23, 2022

Day 3444: Delia.

 

"Delia": old photo, digital collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Samm Henshaw, Grow.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Teen pilot Zara Rutherford becomes youngest woman to fly the world solo


Five months. Forty-one countries. Thirty-two thousand miles. By any count, teenage aviator Zara Rutherford's trip around the world was the journey of a lifetime. But it's also one for the history books: With her feat, the 19-year-old has become the youngest woman to fly around the world solo AND the the first woman to circumnavigate the globe in a microlight aircraft. (Specifically a bespoke Shark ultralight aircraft for you aviation buffs, and I know you're out there!) She took off in August, and after weeks of delays and one very cold flight over Siberia, Rutherford touched down in Belgium on January 20 and got to say those three magic words: "I made it." Throughout her journey, Rutherford has been supporting charities that focus on women in STEM careers. Only an estimated 5% of airline pilots around the world are women, and Rutherford wants to change that. "It's an amazing career with amazing opportunities," she says.
 

Teenage pilot Zara Rutherford lands in Belgium on January 20 after completing her solo round-the-world trip.

"I was hoping to complete it by Christmas but I guess that's not happening anymore," Rutherford told reporters at Gimpo International Airport in Seoul, South Korea after arriving from Vladivostok on December 13. "But it's an adventure." 


While she's flown to an array of destinations, such as Singapore, Egypt and Greece, along with Russia and South Korea, Rutherford has been unable to explore any of them on land due to Covid-19 restrictions.

See more photos on Instagram at fly.zolo, here.

 


 
 
A sweet 1+minute video, first wordshere.
(after short ad, sorry.)


 
Just because ...
 
Himalayan Monal
 
 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 


 

 

(*I got 17, A+ & older than dirt)

 


 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


6 comments:

elenor said...

The colors you chose for Delia are perfect!

This video really was sweet. It reminds me of my 2 year old granddaughter who loves to make video calls. Just half an hour ago she called instead of sleeping. So sweet, I'm still happy.
Have a good new week, Jacki!

Carrol Wolf said...

As always your blogs invigorate! Loved the story about the young pilot.

Also enjoyed the video. I just finished reading the book called> "The Vanderbilts" which was partially written by Anderson Cooper whose mom was a Vanderbilt. It was extemely interesting. I gave it to Judy Todd, but it she gives it back, I think you would enjoy it. I also finished Wildflower Hill which you recommended. I wouldn't give it a 10 but still I enjoyed it. I think I am postponing getting back into art right now. So many things seem to be up in the air: unfinished kitchen: several pieces of furniture ordered but not delivered: grandchildren not going to school so I never know my next day's schedule until 5:00pm the night before, and of course, Covid rearing it's ugly head once again. But this too shall pass.

Stan read me a good quote recently. It went something like this:"Don't regret getting old, many are denied this privilege."

Have a good rest of Sunday.And thank you as always for your daily blog. It's a tonic.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenoe. Wishing you a great week.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carrol.I love hearing from you.
Yes, I am really interested in reading the Vanderbilts, it is on my wish list. I have heard Anderson speak of some of the realities, which seemed bizarre.
STan's quote is a good one, I think I have used it awhile back. So true. Take good care, I know you juggle a lot of things, but I also know you can do anything! ;o)

john said...

You have a piece with a doll and then the next day a Kafka story with a doll. Yeah to both! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John, as I have said, I love oit when you like it.
I have been doing the art work posted recently, late at night just before posting. Somehow I get it done.