Friday, January 14, 2022

Day 3435: Royals

 

"Queen": old photo, junk mail collage, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Hall & Oates, Private Eyes.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...


I have been doing some reading.

view out my studio window, 5:09 pm, Sunday.  
 
I came across special quotes from popular children's books. Some were really touching 
to me and I thought I would share them with you.






Any work for you today?

 


2GN2S ...

Prince Charles exhibits dozens of his watercolors, saying painting 'refreshes the soul'

HRH Prince Charles painting a watercolor in Klosters, Switzerland.
 

The largest exhibition of his watercolors to date, painting enthusiast Prince Charles has described the restorative benefits of art, saying it "transports me to another dimension."

The heir to the British throne went on to say that painting is "one of the most relaxing and therapeutic exercises I know," adding that his hobby "refreshes parts of the soul which other activities can't reach."

The watercolors are on display at the Garrison Chapel in Chelsea Barracks in London
 
"I took up painting entirely because I found photography less than satisfying," he is quoted as saying. "Quite simply, I experienced an overwhelming urge to express what I saw through the medium of watercolor and to convey that almost 'inner' sense of texture which is impossible to achieve via photography."
 
"View in South of France," by HRH Prince of Wales

Like his great-great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria I, the prince is a "keen watercolorist" who "paints whenever his schedule allows," according to his official website. He regularly depicts the royal family's estates.
 
During a royal tour of Japan, Prince Charles sits to paint a watercolor in the garden of the Imperial Palace In Kyoto.
 
"I am under no illusion that my sketches represent great art or a burgeoning talent!" he added. "They represent, more than anything else, my particular form of 'photograph album' and, as such, mean a great deal to me."

 

"Huna Mill, John O'Groats," by HRH Prince of Wales.

In a press statement, curator of the new London exhibition, Rosie Alderton, said that the prince "likes to sit in the actual environment and paint 'en plein air,'" adding: "His passion for creating beautiful art is conveyed strongly in this exhibition." 
 

 

 
 
 
An unusual 1+minute video, robot puppyhere.


 
Just because ...
 
White-tailed Jay


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 








 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

john said...

Love the Queen Mother piece. The black hat is so her. Thanks for sharing about Prince Charles’ painting. :-)

elenor said...

What a beautiful view out of your studio window you have, Jacki!
To see Prince Charles' paintings was a gift. I guess being a Prince isn't always easy.
I also love the quotes you shared.
Have a fine weekend, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks John. yes, I thought the Prince Charles thing would interest a lot.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I am lucky to have such a nice view from here in my studio. Wishing you a great weekend.