Friday, January 28, 2022

Day 3449: Shogun.

 

 

"Shogun": photo, digital art.
 

 



Want music?




Click here for Smokey Robinson, Just to See Her.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


 Update ...

As I have mentioned, I think when we are older our emotions are closer to the surface. This morning while getting up I had the radio on, and the song in today's music came on. I hadn't heard it in maybe a year, I sat down and listened, and the tears came.


Young Shogun, 4 months, young WW, 4 years.

 
I first heard the song on my way home from picking up Shogun's ashes. Though it is about about a failed romance between an a man and woman, for me it was about Shogun and apparently, it still is.
 
 
Shogun, age 1-1/2.
  
Shogun was my best friend. A large Great Dane, a gentle giant who knew me so well. He slept beside my bed, and I was used to stepping over him if I got up during the night. In fact, after he was gone, I still stepped over for a long time, out of habit. Like all dogs, you can tell them anything and they don't judge, they just accept and love.
 

  

Shogun has been gone for thirty plus years now, and I am feeling a little silly sitting here with tears as I type. I guess I can blame it on age, moodiness or the song, but he really was that special.



2GN2S ... 

 


"When you are a young person, you are like a young creek, and you meet many rocks, many obstacles and difficulties on your way. You hurry to get past these obstacles and get to the ocean.

But as the creek moves down through the fields, it becomes larges and calmer and it can enjoy the reflection of the sky. It's wonderful. You will arrive at the sea anyway so enjoy the journey. Enjoy the sunshine, the sunset, the moon, the birds, the trees, and the many beauties along the way. Taste every moment of your daily life."

  

Thich Nhat Hanh, Buddhist monk, on life:


 

 
 
 
A   sweet 1-minute video, music & a cowhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Scarlet Ibis

 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 



 
 


 

 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I did't know this song but what I know is how strongly music influences one's mood. I too can remember some compositions and all the circumstances and feelings I had when I first heard them. I think that's the magic of music, it can let you feel happy or sad, confident or nervous, ...
Jacki, please don't feel silly because of your feelings. They make your life rich.
Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Wishing you a great weekend.

john said...

Shogun was your pal. You have done a great job memorializing her. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Memories.