Sunday, January 2, 2022

Day 3423: Another Angel

 

"Aloha Angel": ink, junk mail collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for IZ, Over the Rainbow.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Angel Step-by-Step ...


1


2


3


4


5


6

I had some wrapping paper that made me think of a Hawaiian head-dress, and so it began. But, once started I couldn't get out of this most labor intensive angel of all. Aloha.

 

2GN2S

 


A resident of Hamnavoe, Shetland Islands in Scotland, Anne Eunson decided to knit herself a beautiful lace fence using twine. The fence is fashioned from strong black twine - the same kind that is used to make fishing nets - and Anne knitted it on specially adapted curtain rods. It took her about three weeks to knit enough lace to surround her front garden, using a 23 stitch repeat of a familiar Shetland lace pattern.
Photo via Laine Glover‎, Social History



 

 
 
 
A sweet 4-minute video, First Datehere.


 
 
Just because ...
 
Safron Finch

 
 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 
 


 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

I love Aloha Angel. I can see where it was time intensive to create. It was worth it though. The skirl alone causes movement. good show, Jacki! :-)

elenor said...

Aloha Angel is looking so fun-loving. All the heaviness has gone with the start of the new year and even the angels are expecting a joyful spring.
I bought myself some spring flowers and put them next to my Christmas tree. So I'm reminded that the days grow longer, the light gets brighter, life starts again and we are hoping for good luck in this new year.
Your step-by-step is wonderful, thanks.
If I had a garden I'd love to have such an artful fence. I learned lace knitting after my retirement. It's such an old skill with much tradition.
Each of the smiles is worth thinking about. I loved and enjoyed this blog, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, and happy, healthy 2022!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! I was thrilled to see your recent collage, you re so talented. Happy, healthy 2022!