Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Day 3426: 9.38 years?

 

"Angel baby": watercolor, & junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here for Chake Khan, I Feel for You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

I just got home from errands. I am in the studio 
and getting ready to find something for today's blog. I noticed day #3426 and wondered what that was in years?

Thus the title. Doing this silly blog every single day for 9.38 + years has been mainly fun. Of course, some days are better than others, but then so am I. But, I am giving credit for my showing up.

I also want to thank some of you who take time to comment on the blog, or on email or FB.

 Encouragement is a wonderful thing. You are the fuel that keeps this little engine going. 

I appreciate you more than words can express. "One kind word can change someone's entire day.

 


Update ...

Wednesday, I will go to my surgeon for a 16 week check-up. At my 6 week check-up I told Dr. Sodl that I wanted to start karate training again in January. His eyes looked like saucers and he said ,"let's make a January appointment for me to check you first."  In anticipation of his approval, I went to get a white belt to wear when I return.

I am still in weekly physical therapy, working on getting as near to full range movement as possible out of my two new shoulders  I have been out of Karate, and grouchy as a bear for two years.! One year because Covid prevented surgeries, and my shoulders were no longer functioning. And, last year when I had two surgeries. Although it won't be a pretty sight, I am so anxious to get back to the dojo in my 50th year of training and at 80 years.

Please cross your fingers or any available appendages that my Doctor gives his okay

 

 

 
 
 
An art 2-minute video, Kandinskyhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Spangled Cotinga

 
 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 


 


 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

3 comments:

john said...

Angel Baby is like the birth of an angel. Lovely! :-). Good luck today at the doctor’s.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I have every part crossed! ;o)

elenor said...

I keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear tomorrow that you are back to training.
Baby angel is cute and I also loved the smiles for today. They tell exactly what i needed to hear today. Thanks, Jacki!