Saturday, October 23, 2021

Day 3350: No one knew.

 

 

"Paula 3": photo, acrylics, collage & digita;.


 



Want music?




Click here for Eric Clapton, Tears in Heaven.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

2GN2S ...

My favorite 6 photos from The week in 33 photos, that made headlines from October 7-14, as well as some photos that just caught my eye. To see all 33, here.


A tank at Sea Life Berlin on Wednesday, October 13. AnnetteRiedl/picutre alliance/Getty Images



Houseboats are seen on California's Lake Oroville on Monday, October 11. Much of the Western United States has been experiencing a historic and unrelenting drought, the worst in the region in at least 20 years. 

 

 

Laborers work at a grape farm in Pakistan's Qilla Abdullah District on Monday, October 11. They were drying the harvest to make raisins.   Banaras Khan/AFP/Getty Images


A rainbow appears briefly at the Kilauea volcano in Hawaii on Friday, October 8.     USGS/Zuma 

This aerial photo, taken on Wednesday, October 13, shows two visitors walking among soy sauce containers at a pickle factory in Yunlin County, an agricultural zone in Taiwan.
Sam Yeh/AFP/Getty

Tourists gather at the Monte viewpoint to enjoy the sunset in Lisbon, Portugal, on Monday, October 11.
Jorge Mantilla/NurPhoto/Getty

See last week in 37 photos.

 

 

 TMI - P.V.

A subject I never planned to speak about, but it is a strange little story.  I was driving on the connector between the 91 and 55 freeway, on the way to teach in Costa Mesa. I have to preface by saying, I have a cast-iron stomach, even when I feel sick at my stomach, I never hurl. 

However on the day, driving in the second lane at traffic speed, without any warning, I projectile vomited straight onto the interior side of the windshield. (sorry) I could not see out! I'm not sure how long it took me to reach something to clean a spot on the windshield, so I could see to keep driving? I think I made a porthole and with the use of my side mirrors I was able to get over to the freeway shoulder. Once there, I  wiped it off more, so that it was drive-able, but definitely not very fragrant.  I got off the freeway and crossed over to drive back to Yorba Linda. 

Once home, I needed to really clean the car, jump into a quick shower, put on a clean gi and start off again for Costa Mesa, about 23 miles away. I did and arrived there in time to teach my first class. 

No one knew.

 

 

 
 
 
A funny 10 minute video, Larry David, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Bateleur




  
                     

Smiles for Saturday ...
 

 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

3 comments:

elenor said...

Of course I went to see all 33 photos from "The week in 33 photos". To see Austria made it there didn't make me feel proud. But that's politics, one doesn't have the slightest influence on what's going on.
Happy Sunday, dear Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Have a wonderful Sunday. ;o)

john said...

That is quite a story. I am just glad you were OK.