Friday, October 8, 2021

Day 3335: Pop!

 

 

"Pop art": junk mail & digital collage.


 



Want music?




Click here for Michael Jackson, I Can't Help It.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 


arrival we see the world become a bit more darker and colder. In the old days, the winters in Japan were very harsh and so when autumn came peIn Japan, the beauty of the chrysanthemum or kiku (菊) represents longevity, rejuvenation and nobility. The kiku is also admired because it begins to bloom just as other flowers are starting to succumb to the cold and frost of autumn and so its bloom is a pleasant reminder to be resilient. There is a saying from an old Chinese poem which typified this idea of being hardy in the face of adversity: “The autumn chrysanthemum braves the frost.” This metaphor reminds us that one’s true beauty comes out when they stand bravely in the face of adversity. As the season changes, the kiku knows that the autumn cold is also coming but it still stands tall and blooms despite the fact that it too will succumb at some point to the cold. This idea of carrying out one’s duty despite imminent death is very samurai like. Does a martial art make one resilient or does it reveal what is already one’s nature? I am not sure. What I do know is that studying a martial art can change a person’s life because it teaches them how to understand themselves better which in turn makes them better human beings. When we know who we are, no amount of cold can affect us. The autumn chrysanthemum braves the frost to show us how to live our lives with grace, dignity and resilience.
 
(author unknown)


 

Update ... 


Zack, ka GH#3 turned 21 on Wednesday, but he worked two jobs, his regular 6am-2pm job, then in the evening he did wait-staff at Social, an in restaurant/club in Costa Mesa. Some of his friends and family showed up to help celebrate. 

They had a great time.

I had made a card (here) and Zack stopped by my house late Thursday morning ans stayed a while.


WonderWoman texted me to take pictures when he opened his card. So I did.





He left at 12:30 to meet Eleni for lunch. 
They are still celebrating. Life is good.

 

 

 
 
 
A surprising 3-minute video, caterpillars, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Reddish Egret  
      
 
                     
 

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 
proof

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Another "wow"-collage! Totally different from yesterday's. Yesterday the limited use of colors and today bold complimentary colors. Oh, I love it!
It's touching to see how happy Zack is with your accordion card. You are simply the best grandmother one can imagine.
Jacki, I hope your therapy wasn't too painful?
On Sunday I'll see my older son's family for a short time, So I'll have a happy weekend. Wishing you many happy hours too!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. PT went really well,I have a new very caring but firm therapist.
Wishing you a super weekend with your lovely family.

Amelia Medina Davies said...

Went back to look at “the” card!!! Seems like a favourite grandson of all the favourites is revealed! Can’t be helped!!! Work of love, work of art! Great card!

jacki long said...

Thanks Amelia. I of course love all three Grandhunks, but the baby (21) often gets extra? I will make a card for GH#1 next month. I have so many hard copy photos fro when they were little and before digital photos. Wishing you a terrific weekend, Amelia!

john said...

Your pop art is fun. I like the man in the right bottom corner. New things come from you all the time. i love that. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I actually thought about you when I added him, thinking, I bet John will like this? That corner needed help.