Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Day 3346: The rest we need.

 

 

"Glasses & Mask": photo, junk mail collage & digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Brenton Wood, Oogum, Boogum.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...


WonderWoman flew in this morning offering to be my Uber to go wherever I needed to go. We left at 10:30 am. WW had a return to do at Free People in the Irvine Spectrum. I found a sweatshirt that came home with me. Then we stopped at a golf store, WW needed golf balls, I stayed in the car. We went for lunch at Shin Sen Gumi, which is good anytime, but perfect on a grey, rainy day, plus I brought home leftovers. Next was Trader Joe's where I bought some goodies and necessities. Then we went to Target for nailtique, windex, and

lens wipes. I am wearing glasses 24/7 during the six weeks post surgery since I can't put my contacts in one handed. Just a little over two weeks till I can lose the sling and will be able to drive.Yea!!

Thanks WonderWoman, great to get out. 

 

 

 2GN2S

                    Austrian artist & friend, Heidi said ...
"Today I have a Step by Step for you, Jacki 😀 
It‘s about baking an Apfelstrudel (Apple strudel)."

"In the first pic you see what is needed: 
flour, butter, eggs, some water, salt, apples." 


all photo by Heidi Putschoegl

"2nd: preparing the dough."



 
"Let the dough rest in the fridge."




"Roll it out." 



"Place the apple slices on the dough, add some sugar, 
 raisins, cinnamon, vanilla and nuts. 
Fold it together,  brush it with a whisked egg."


"Put it into the oven and let it bake."

photo by Heidi Putschoegl

"And then enjoy!"



"Hope you like my little story. 
Wishing you a fine evening."

Thanks so much Heidi!
So, if this didn't make you drool, check that pulse!


 

 
 
 
A 3-minute video, Barbara & Judy, here.

 
Just because ...
 
 
Blue Crane




  
                     

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 


 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

So thank you for posting that absolutely delicious looking apple strudel. However, I think I gained 5 pounds looking at it!

I forgot how good Barbra and Judy were: such talent.

You must have been an absolutely excellent mom, because look at the wonderful payback you are getting: yea to you.

Loved the graphic, so unusual and creative.

Like the last post about brain overload: I am realizing that is what is happening to me right now, and I am trying to rectify it: wish me luck.

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol, for your very kind words, they help fuel me. The graphic was another late night venture, and it is darker than I wanted, but in the wee hours i couldn't figure out how to lighten it and keep the colors?
My closet and hall are finally done, 11 days for a hallway and closet? So I do think about you with your major renovation. But then I remember that it is you, who can do everything. ;o)

elenor said...

Carrol, I'm happy you like my apple strudel. I made one just a few days ago. Autumn and winter is the best time for it because you have plenty of fresh apples. As you don't use much butter and no sugar in the dough I don't think it's as "heavy" as many other cakes or biscuits.
Love your digital collage Jacki!
It's wonderful you could spend so much time with your daughter. I hope your shoulder is healing well without much pain. The two weeks until driving is possible again will be over quickly.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, As you see we are enjoying your step by step from 2 years ago. I came acrossed it and thought it would be wonderful to reshare. Several commented on facebook as many have trouble trying to comment on the blog.

john said...

Oh, I love it when you make me stay to look at a piece for a long time. This one is an example of that. Genius! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. /it is darker than I planned?