Thursday, October 7, 2021

Day 3334: Blame it on ...

 

 

"Break 4": digital collage.

 

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Jacksons, Blame it on the Boogie.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

Wednesday was a busy, fun and productive day.  


WonderWoman picked me up and took me to my 2 week post-op appointment of 4 x-rays ...

WW said they put earbuds in my shoulder ...

staples out (modern medicine = tiny staples to secure the 5 inch incision) and an evaluation. Flying colors, still no pain, and no infection. I start PT on Friday. So we went to ...

WW took this photo of their live succulent wall.

 for a delicious early lunch & leftovers.

 
Then home to wait for Mr. Colon to start repairs from the water damage. It will take 3 days.

Tuesday was another special day, good friend and Palos Verde artist, Irene Rafael visited bringing sandwiches from

 

We hadn't seen each other in over two years, though we text, call etc.   luckily we have that special friendship where we pick up where we last left off. Three hours of delicious catch up.

 Grandhunk #3, Zack turned 21 on Wednesday (here) and I made him an accordian card with pictures from when he was a little hunk.
 




 

21 years flew by.



 

Throwback Thursday ...

 





 
1982: after a tournament in Bakersfield, at a Chucky Cheese where I lost a bet with my students.

 

 

 
 
 
A funny 1-minute video, animals, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
Sclater's Crowned Pigeons   
 
                     
 

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 

 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 


 
 


 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

5 comments:

john said...

I love how the red is so strong in this piece. Good for you to be able to see Irene. It has been that long for me as well. Hugs! :-)

elenor said...

Jacki, your digital collage is wonderful. I like the color limitation and the use of text.
Zack must be very happy with your lovely accordion card. It's adorable. You used such sweet photos!
Good to read all the good news about your shoulder and the happy hours you could spend with your daughter and your friend.
Wishing you a restful night.

jacki long said...

Yes,John, it was wonderful seeing Irene. She is such a kind and elegant friend. maybe it has been since you taught your class here in the OC, for all of us? Have a great time in Oregon, and hi ang hugs to all.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am off to physical therapy this morning. Not fun but necessary. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. We finally have a little light rain, hoping for more.

Raina Jane said...

My grand son is 10 and it is a little bit bitter sweet to think of the day when I will be wishing him a happy 21st. I hope I still have my wits when that day comes. Thank you for reminding me to cherish these moments!