Saturday, October 2, 2021

Day 3329: A dozen silly faces.

 

 

"A dozen silly faces": ink brush drawing, watercolor and collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Bruno Mars, When I Was Your Man
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Another Update ...


I am getting better each day, today I made my bed, one-handed. Took out my trash and got my mail, all a big improvement. 
 

The dreaded ice sleeve (above) is done, so that's a big improvement. Sleep is the hard part, never more than three hours at a time, but each night gets a little better. Wearing this monster sling ...
to bed is a bit daunting. One week down, five to go both for the sling and not being allowed to drive. You may be able to see fireworks from a distance on November 4th.

The painter was here this morning, to prepare an estimate on repairing the cutout in my ceiling, plus painting the hall and adjacent closet. My clothes on hangers are still in the bathtub.
 

He will e-mail me his estimate today and I can submit it and the pictures to my new neighbor's homeowners insurance, and get it done.

WonderWoman has been great dropping in daily, and sometimes twice a day to help and pamper.


 

 


Good friend , Carole brought decadent pastries from Zov's. The unbelievable key lime pies were devoured before I  remembered to photograph, the scrumptious lemon bars are still being enjoyed.


New neighbor, Maui, dropped off a beautiful flower arrangement that I enjoy, moving room to room.


Artist, friend, Jeri from Paso Robles sent a beautiful handmade card and envelope. I am so blessed. I thank you all for calls and e-mails.



 

 
 
 
An amazing 4-minute video, fast-man-hand, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
Lappet-faced vultures




  
                     

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 








                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Your faces are fascinating, Jacki. Each with a different expression. Especially the eyes and mouths make them look unique.
At least the ice sleeve is done, but I really can imagine having to wear this monster sling isn't fun. Maybe it's one reason that doesn't let you sleep longer than three hours at a time or is it pain you feel?
I had a lovely day with family. We were lucky it was a sunny mild autumn day so we could spend some hours in the garden playing with the children.
Hoping you can sleep more than three hour at a time.

john said...

Glad you are mending. It sounds like a long process. Your portraits are so fun. I love examining them. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am so glad you had time with your lovely family, that's always great memories till the next time.
yes, wearing the sling 24/7 is uncomfortable, but I am so blessed not to be in pain.

jacki long said...

Thanks, john. All of the silly faces are done earlier. It's kind of fun to see them together, I have more, so I may do another?