Thursday, October 14, 2021

Day 3341: A little Raggedy ...

 

 

"A little Raggedy": drawing from photo, digital.




Want music?




Click here for Stevie Wonder, Do I Do.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S

Some eye candy from 4 years ago ...

Jordan, aka Grandhunk #1 asked me if I wanted to join him on a fieldwork trip for his Anthropology class. Didn't matter the reason, a yes was forming on my lips.


Then he said it was to Olvera Street, my favorite meal on the planet, I said ...

Is the Pope Catholic? OF COURSE!
So he picked me up at 10 AM & we were off.
Once parked and at Olvera Street, another world.

Full of sparkling colors and treats.
Treasures galore.
Toys & more.
Gifts, big and tiny ...
Something for everyone, girls & boys ...

Eye candy everywhere ...

Hard not to come home with something?

And then there is the city, beautiful Los Angeles.

LA City Hall in the distance
The still present flavor of Old California.
With City Hall in the background. ...
LA City Hall in the distance






And some graffiti on the way home.

Three hours to treasure. I was there when he was born ... and I love him endlessly.
 
Jordan's got clout!
That's a popular term that 
only the hippest Grandma's know!

 

 

Throwback Thursday ... 

 


Inter-dojo Tournament,  Anaheim YMCA, 1982

Demura Sensei, Sakagami Sensei, Sato Sensei

 

 

 
 
 
A unique 4-1/2 minute video, marbles, here.

 
Just because ...
 
 
Quetzal




  
                     

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 

 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

Aw! Jee chucks! So cute! :-)

elenor said...

Such precious memories, Jacki.
You know, I too worked with old photos today. I try to get them organized, which is a never ending story. With the possibility of taking photos so easily with the iPhone the number of pics is exploding. Although this means lots of work afterwards I'm always enjoying it. Looking out for beautiful motives helps to stay positive and forget about many difficulties.
How is your shoulder, Jacki? Half time to be able to drive again, I think.

jacki long said...

Thanks,John.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes three weeks to go, I am doing my exercises.