Saturday, August 28, 2021

Day 3294: 115 years ago ....

 

 

"Dad and his Grandma", 1908, old photo, digital collage.


Want music?




Click here for Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

I've been thinking about my Dad's birthday. 
Today would be his 115th birthday.
Dad died 29 years ago, at age 86.


Dad, age 5 at the fishing hole.


He always said he had the best childhood.
Later he lived through the depression & was forever changed and frugal. He never smoked or drank. I never heard him swear except once, when he was teaching me to drive & I popped the clutch!
My dad was a driver, Greyhound buses & later he 
chauffeured movie stars to work & back home. 
He had a lot of name dropping stories. As a young man he made the Olympic diving team when younger only to get TB and had to miss and spend time in recovery. A heartbreak. He loved to dance & tell stories.


Father's Day, 1975, Yorba Linda, CA

He had wanted a boy, but got me.
He always, only called me Jack.
Happy Birthday, Dad.

 

 

 
 
 
A great 3-minute video, 14 wolves, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
White-necked Jacobin

 


  
                     

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 
 

 
 

 
 



 
 







                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

Bea said...

Sweet story, sweetly told…b

john said...

Your magic touch added so much warmth to the photo. It gives it a second life. :-)

elenor said...

Your dad was lucky he got you, Jacki. And I think he knew it. No matter how old we are we will always miss mom or dad or both, grandma, aunt or uncle,.... We learn to live without them but sometimes their presence is very sadly missed.
Wishing you a painless night.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Bea. I always woryy that it's tmi?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. That is high praise from you and I am flattered.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor. I had acupuncture for the third week today, gradually more intensive each week, I am hoping for A PEACEFUL NIGHT TONIGHT. WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WELL.