Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Dat 3283: Thank you SM & WW!

 

 

"journal spread": Stabilo pencil, china marker drawing.

 



Want music?




Click here for Bruno Mars, Just the Way You Are.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 

Awagami for New Balance....

New Balance textile waste has been recycled into handmade marbled washi sneakers at Awagami Factory. 

 




 







               






 

 




It's a new collaboration between NB x Yoshihisa Tanaka (w/ guidance from Awagami master papermakers).

I'm thinking some of us either already have or could easily achieve this effect? 


 

A quick update...

I didn't know she was coming, but she decided it would be easier for me to get things done with help. WonderWoman flew over after her workout. I went and got chicken walnut salads from Ivy's Cafe for lunch for us, when she arrived. I also bought a slice of flan (they make their own) for us to split. WW, who loves flan, declined. She has great strength once she decides. I ate it all for dessert this evening. Delicious.

This is how it looked as I started this morning.


I move all of the stacks of journals and books onto my bed so I could pick  by size.

 

Above is like when we started after lunch. It did go so much faster with WW's help and speed. Below is when WW left at 2:30pm.


What I will see from my bed.

 

I now have two remotes, one for cable and another for Netflix etc. I got confused last night and called SM for help. WW took a photo of him helping me.


He's smiling.

The shelves are pretty much done, but I have a stuff that is out of picture to find a home for.      I am not complaining. Thank you SM & WW!

 

 

 
 

•  A sweet 3+minute video, baby Haven, here.

Haven


 
 
Just because ...
 
Chaffinch

 

  
                     

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 
  


 
 



 


 
 


 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, your Journal spread is wonderful. How do you find time for this when you are working so much to put everything in their new place? But your room looks so good now. How great you had the help of your daughter. Work is done so much easier and faster when you have such a nice company.

john said...

The bookshelves with your journals looks so amazing! Love that you have them all organized like this. Great sketching, too! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I did the journal spread some time ago, and just posted it now. I have a lot of photos of previous work that come in handy.Yes, Erins help in beyond valuable, as you know. Thanks again.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. So many journals, the small ones are together in a big tray in another room.