Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Day 3277: No easy answers.

 

 

"Kim":  photo, collage & digital.
 

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Perry Como, And I Love You So.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Thoughts ...

 

In 2015, I lost a close friend, at her request.
She had decided to be more selective with her time,
and her new schedule would not include me. 
I never knew what I had done. 
I wanted to ask, but I chose to honor her wish. 
It hurt so much, and it still does.

 
by Brandy 2012


In 2019  I lost another friend, Brandy,
a former student & artist, but not by her choice.
She spent her last year bravely battling stage 4 lung cancer. I did visit, call, e-mail, send stuff, but she was the warrior. Brandy did everything medically asked of her.  Her husband let me know on a Wednesday, of our loss. He was lost. It may be harder for men? You see I think men are fixers. They want to fix it. And sometimes you can't. 



by Brandy 2012


As a teenager I remember my Dad being deeply upset, down for what seemed a long time when even a movie star passed? Some he had driven, as his job in the studios, but most I think he just felt like he knew from movies? I watched this happened more often as he & they grew older.



by Brandy 2012


 So now I am older, I am on this side of dealing.
I miss this dear sweet lady. but know she is now free of pain. Women are emotional, we cry, we think & re-think. No easy answers. Loss is hard.
 


 

 

 
 

•  A cool 6-minute video, Sam Elliott, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Common Loon

 

  
                     

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 
 

 



 

 
  



 

 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

Samuel K evin Grimes said...

Sometimes your daily blogs are right on time "J". As we move along in this life..handling relationship loss becomes an increased challenge to understand the " meaning" in our lives..it gets weird each and every day..you are not alone...

jacki long said...

Thanks, Kevin, it is so good to hear from you.

elenor said...

So sorry for your loss, Jacki. It is so hard to see a friend being so ill and losing her life.
I also lost a close friend 40 years ago by her choice. I still have no idea why. We both were teachers at the same school and we met every day after that. Once I asked her what had happen but I got no answer. And I became one of her son's teacher. I really liked him and looked after him as good as I could. No idea if she ever noticed that? Sad and hurt I felt , the same as you experienced too.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor! Death is a big loss, but we know that it happens. The other loss by another’s choice is a hard pill to swallow? So, I feel for you as well. I guess we should focus on our many blessings.❤️❤️❤️

john said...

"Kim" is just fantastic! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, she was fun to do