Monday, August 9, 2021

Day 3275: A mandatory adventure.

 

 

"Confusuion": ink brush & digital collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Earth, Wind & Fire, Wonderland.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...


A mandatory adventure happened this morning. I had a necessary MRI on my left shoulder in preparation for the upcoming surgery replacement, September 23.

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) utilizes large, strong magnetic field gradients and radio waves in a confined space to look at organs and structures inside your body. Health care professionals use MRI scans to diagnose a variety of conditions. In my case, so my surgeon can study before surgery.

 

 Making sure I had no metal, even my mask had to be replaced (since it had a strip of metal forming the bridge of the nose) and I had to sign. Then, I was given foam ear plugs, layed down on the table head first, a foam wedge under my knees, a kind of shoulder helmet on my left shoulder, and a warm blanket over me. Last thing, I was given a small panic bulb, in case I panicked. I am claustrophobic, but I had made it through for my right shoulder, so I knew I would be fine.



Once transported into the the inside of the tube, the noise started, even through the ear plugs, I heard really loud rattles, followed by loud repetitive machine gun blasts, then loud grinding and on to a loud sound of sawing. After each sound there would be wave of silence lulling me to relax before the next onslaught. My session lasted fifteen minutes. I asked the technician what the different noises were and he said it was the magnets?

And so it was done, another step in preparation for the surgery. I am anxious for six weeks to fly by.

 

 

 
 

•  A wow 10-minute video, Lizzie Amando, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
BlackPalmParrot


 
 

  
                     

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 

 

 
 





 
 




                                   Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

So nice to start the day with a belly laugh. I loved the story about the Lamborghini and also the statue (probably Buddha) with what looked like glasses: both so clever.

When you get to a certain age, you become familiar with all sorts of medical equipment that you never considered when you were young. (Who said they saved the best for last?)

Thanks Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol, it's so kind of you to comment, I love hearing from you.

elenor said...

The art of the day is wonderful! The brush strokes in this orange and red are fantastic.
I guess these were long fifteen minutes and you were very glad when they were over.
Quite some time ago I also was in such a tube and I remember the noise and that I had to close my eyes so I could not see how narrow it was in there. Although 6 weeks is a really long time when you are in pain at least the preparations started. You now know for sure your OP is coming closer. I hope your right shoulder is healing well and you can use it more and more to relieve your left one. Best wishes, dear Jacki!

john said...

Oh! I do like this piece. Oh! Yes! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor. The art work is an older junk mail collage with an ink brush (orange) layered over it, digitally. You can get some interesting effects.
The exercises are hard, but necessary, so plod on. Six weeks is sounding better! Thanks again.

jacki long said...

Thanks John . It’s part junk mail collage with my brush work, (originally black) layered on top, digitally. I love it when you like it.