Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Day 3284: What we saw.

 

 

"Open window": photography.


 



Want music?




Click here for Tom Misch, All of the Time.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...


Valerie and I do lunch, whenever we can, and today we could. It was Val's first trip to American Grub.

 
A cute place with great food in old town Tustin.
A hip, brick-lined dining room featuring burgers, sandwiches & other American comfort foods.



Val ordered the Mushroom and Swiss Burger, she said it was great. I got the Antonio Burger ...

the best burger I have ever tasted. Ever.
 
365 El Camino Real, Tustin, CA 92780
$$American restaurant
 
 
2GN2S
 
 
 While eating, we looked out on the new Arvida bookstore. And since Val and I both love books, we checked it out for our (no food) dessert.

 
Occupying the former Tustin Hardward location ...
 


A lovely bookstore with a wide selection of new and used books  ...

 



 

  

 
Varied books, displays & areas to sit and read.

 



 


Surprises everywhere you look. A coffee bar, an outdoors patio. Lots to explore. I think you might like it, we did.


115 W Main St, Tustin, CA 92780

 

 

disclaimer: You probably know, I only feature what I enjoy, and receive no food or books from businesses mentioned.


 

 

 
 

•  A wow 1+minute video, dancing geese, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Black-billed Magpie


 
 

  
                     

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 
 

 



 


  


 
  



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 







2 comments:

elenor said...

Such a wonderful photography. Green leaves always are beautiful but I noticed I was exploring the reflections in the window. They make your photography so special.
I think i would like this bookstore like you did. Wouldn't it be a great place to live there? When I was younger my dream always was a living room with with bookshelves on each wall from the floor to the ceiling full with all kind of books. Now I'd like at least one wall with paintings, collages, prints, ....
Jacki, I'm so happy with your lovely card and collage. Do you also use the word snail mail for letters sent by post? Now we know why it's called this way. But it arrived, slowly but surely. Thank you.

john said...

I am reminded of Matisse by your open window piece. Matisse had many open windows in his works. Lovely! :-)