Friday, August 13, 2021

Day 3279 ... what ate up today

 

 

"Vivian": drawing, photo, collage. & digital

 

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Rose Royce, I wanna Get Next to You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ... (TMI warning)

On July 2, 2021 two old televisions died here. I knew I would be buying two new, larger ones, but first I had to find a way to recycle the old ones. I finally got them out for pickup last week.


I sent this image in a text to WW & SM and they said they could relate. Last Saturday morning Superman and WonderWoman came to measure.


They looked at my bedroom wall which is books and journals. I know I need to purge, but what a job! I couldn't imagine tackling it.



WonderWoman flew in at noon with lunch! We split a Greek salad and a side order of taquitos. Then we got to work, me deciding keep, give, donate or trash. WW was the legs and muscle. So overwhelming if not for WW.


 

The ancient encyclopedia set would have been trash, since libraries and thrift shops don't accept. But as WW was loading it into her trunk, a contractor who is working nearby was interested and said he would take them all. We were lucky.

 



The stacks of keeps was growing, as well as the designated bags. WW called the Lutheran Thrift shop in Orange to ask if they took books and CD's.


They did, so WW's trunk was soon filled for drop off. The room is a mess, but cleared enough so I can go to bed. The book shelves are bare. I was hoping to give to a good home, but no takers? The bedroom tv shown, will move into the studio.

 

 

The plan is to move out all of the bookshelves, to be replaced by new shelves half as tall. And the wall to have a new 55" television. Saturday is the next work date. SM ordered the new shelves and WW will pick up the tv's. They really get things done. I said that to WW and she said that I used to too. Maybe, but it seems a long while ago. I'm sure this is probably TMI, but it's what ate up today.

 

Thank you WonderWoman, you earned that name!
 

 

 

 
 

•  A lovely 6-minute video,  Moving Castle, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
Orange-breasted Sunbird


 
 

  
                     

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 

 
 



 
  





 
 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


9 comments:

Sam Zimmerman said...

I downsized my book collection last year (one of the projects I tackled on my lunch breaks while working from home). It was hard, but so nice to have some extra space, as well as getting rid of the constant reminder of all the books "I'll read someday." Books I wasn't truly interested in, or I would've read them already. Also, some books that were my favorite when I was younger are far from holding that status now, so I was happy to donate them so others can enjoy.

Getting rid of books is hard for me, but I was happy with the outcome :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Sam, I agree. It does feel good to have more space, and move books on to new readers. The Cd's were hard, but WW convinced me Spotify would take up less room. When these big stacks of books and CD's go out you can't help but think of the huge amount of money spent on them in bits and pieces?Thanks again, Sam, so good to hear from you.

authenticadultwoman said...

BRAVA Jacki ~ Both you and Mary Ann Moss (Dispatch from LA) are successfully decluttering. I read both of your blogs and am totally inspired to bite the bullet and start the hard process of getting rid of things ~ endless art supplies, books, clothes, even vitamins! Wish I had a WW to help!

elenor said...

Jacki, you are really brave. It's so hard to give away all these things you collected for a long time. I often try to give away things but not too successful. I think it's good to have someone like WW to help. As you see this wasn't TMI, you made us think about it.
I was so lucky to have my son and the three grandchildren here the first time since February 2020. They too enjoyed being here and do things together we used to do.
I'm so grateful for this day. Corona numbers are rising here quickly, they already speak of the 4th wave and the expectations for autumn are bad. But I try not to think of this and only enjoy what is possible right now.
Have a wonderful weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Dorothy, I love hearing from you. Yes, it would be great to have a WW to help in your process. WW was the legs and muscle, and I tried to be tough and make decisions, In the end I think I got rid of half of the books etc. WW thought it would be a 2 day process but we finished yesterday at 3pm.I haven't tackled my studio and the obscene amount of art supplies. I keep thinking of that cartoon, "All this will be your".

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I am so happy that you were with your family, always such precious times.
I agree don't worry about Covid till we have to, it is exhausting. Please take good care of you and enjoy a lovely weekend.

john said...

Marvelous, just marvelous. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, you are so kind.

Irene Rafael said...

Not TMI. I love hearing what’s going on in your world. I’m so proud of you this is a fabulous huge step!