Sunday, August 8, 2021

Day 3274: Almost gone.

 

 G

"Geisha Series #3": old print, junk mail collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Michael Jackson, Don't Stop.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 


I was up from 3:30 am until they stopped live streaming at 5am, to watch the men's karate kumite matches. Prelims, semi-finals in all the male weight classes. But I didn't get to see the finals, so in case you might want to watch, there's a list, here.  And, for everybody else, some special Olympic photos. Closing ceremonies Sunday, August 8, 2021









 







 




Arigato Tokyo. 



 

 
 

•  A terrific 5-minute video,  Olympic Kata, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Scarlet-Rumoed Trogon



 
  
                     

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 



 
 


 


 



 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


6 comments:

elenor said...

Geisha Series #3 is a wonderful collage again. The small bits of color are just perfect to the black and white.
Thanks for showing such great pictures of the Olympics. I never would have seen any of these and I really enjoyed all of them. I can see you will miss the competitions.
All the smiles are nice but I especially liked the last one.
Happy evening, dear Jacki.

Branmuffin said...

Your smiles today are on point!

That Spanish lady's kata was super clean, and so quick! That glare was intense. It was definitely the better kata of the two.

john said...

The tilt of the geisha makes her appear to be flying...like in Marc Chagall's work. Lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! Yes, I will miss the competitions but two weeks is a lot
The pictures, of course, were by real photographers that I borrowed. I'm glad you liked the smiles. Wishing you a great week ahead.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Branmuffin, Glad you liked the smiles and Sandra Sanchez winning kata. She is 39, 40 next month and shares some of her amazing training video on youtube, I think you would be amazed too.
Call me sometime, I need your knowledge on volleyball?

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I didn't plan on her flying, but I like the comparison! ;o)