Saturday, August 21, 2021

Day 3287: Herstory?

 

 

"Penny": ink brush drawing, digital collage.


 



Want music?




Click here for Al Green, How Can You Mend ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 

Inspired by Carol Mulvenon's review of a book, here. I am writing a quick one about a book I finished during the Olympics. (I got it down to reading while they rambled on, then giving my full attention once the event started) Rad Nana in Colorado sent me a book. Of course I was thrilled, but the title seemed like a Hallmark movie?

 

 

But, don't let a title keep you from reading. If Rad Nana sent, it had to be good. And it was. Well developed characters and lots of twists, turns and humor. I think it would make a good movie. I lent it to Val and she really liked it too. Two thumbs up!

 


 

Update ...

 

 I prefer not to have both a 2GN2S & Update, but today it seems unavoidable. After a terrific lunch with Carol, I came home and the Little League series was on, as mentioned here

 

Not only on, but the 20th girl to ever play since 1974, was playing for Texas. I had to watch, it was not only great baseball but also history, or herstory.


Texas' Ella Bruning (12) made history at the Little League World Series just by showing up as the only girl in this year's competition and just the 20th girl ever to play in the Baseball World Series.

 
 

Playing catcher ... I made a mistake in yesterday's blog, here, she batted 6th and got the first hit of the game, which ended up being the first score for the Texas team.

Her Mother & some young fans were interviewed.
and of course I love all the young faces, so here is a selection from today for you perusal.








Color coordinated family & fans cheered.

There was a report of lightning nearby, so the game was delayed for 30 minutes for the protection of the players and referees.




The first round is finished and second round and on, will be televised this weekend on ESPN.

I made an error in yesterday's blog, here, I said that the ultimate US winning team would play the International team, as is the custom. But, the International teams will not be attend due to Covid.
 


 

 

 
 
 
A  3-3/4-minute video, Harper Waters,  here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
Green Jay



 
  
                     

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 


 
 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


6 comments:

elenor said...

Seeing the young faces always is a treat. I so hope all these young people will have a good life. May their dreams come true.
My wish for you is, that you have a good night, without waking up too often.
Happy Sunday, dear Jacki!

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

I read and just finished the Thursday Murder Club. It was a bit confusing to me with all the characters and I don't know how you kept them all straight while doing something else.

I had not heard of Harper Waters before you posted the video. What an eloquent speaker he is! And the beauty of watching him dance was breath-taking. I wonder if your title didn't come from his video. Anyway thank you, as always for all your creativity. In the "funnies" I absolutely loved the cow!

john said...

Penny has personality plus. Love her! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you dear Elenor. Yes I love those sweet faces. So much variety with the ages 11-12. Wishing you and you family a wonderful weekend.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, I’m glad you got to read this book, I loved the humor between the characters. Yes, there were a lot, that’s why I thought it would make a fun movie? Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I just played. Happy weekend.