Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Day 3078: I don't cook much.

 

 

 

"Pensive 1": old photo, collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Billy Preston, Where is the Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

 
I don't cook much. WW has kept me well supplied with so many great foods during the pandemic. My hardest part is deciding what to eat. But today ... I will eat for energy.


 

Since I had a pound of fresh spinach, it was a no-brain-er.
A pound makes a mountain in my wok ... then cooks down.
And yes, I can (but didn't) eat a whole pound by myself.




I had a small bowl of tomato bisque soup leftover and calling me.






I had baby potatoes, so nuked then grilled them.
If you like teas, you might look into Rishi teas, exceptional.






My grandhunks gave me this great Teavana mug 
with a strainer & lid  two years ago, so I can brew loose teas. Cool!





So this was my meal and Rx! And today's blog! 
Never know what you will get, right?



 
 


•  An stunning 14+minute video, Tokyo lights, here.
•  A beautiful 3-minute video, duck parade, here.
•  a pretty 7-minute video, Snowflakes, here.



Just because ...


           




 
                        

Smiles for Wednesday ...

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
  


 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
                                                               Thanks for visiting today.

 


10 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Thanks Jackie! Blog today filled with delight! Yes...we are all finding ways to cope with "stay at home" routine. Personally, we are finding it encouraging since we are enjoying rediscovering all the options we have at home with items we have acquired thru the years marking special events, travels and mile stones in our family life. As for cooking, I'm surprising myself with all the amazing soups I am making....using lots of veggies like spinach, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, mix of seasons and touch of chicken or meat choice. And yes, love playing in my art journals using many of the techniques you taught us in class. Hope you continue your positive spirit as it enlightens us too! Happy New Year!

elenor said...

"Pensive 1" is superb.
How lovely to see what you are cooking. I also love to use my wok and lots of vegetables. We are living in opposite parts of the world but it seems our cooking is not so different. One more thing we have in common.
Thinking of you, dear Jacki!

john said...

There is a mysticism in this your latest. I do love a mysterious person. :-)

SlocombesOut&About said...

Yum! I too would be happy eating a pound of steamed spinach. Wish we could do this together soon. Stay healthy and safe my friend.

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

What a visual feast, as well as looking healthy and delicious.

I totally enjoyed the film on lights in Japan. It reminded me a little of the Christmas that Stan and I spent in Paris with Ross and his family. They had lots of wonderful lights in the trees and in the stores as well. Some of those cities were also reminiscent of NY City. Although maybe not this year.

Anyway another blog filled with color, light, laughter and fun. Thank you.

jacki long said...

Thank you Betty, your kind words lift me up. I am happy that your family is doing well, I said at the beginning of all this that we would come out of it with some positives, like you are experiencing. Thanks again!Stay safe.

jacki long said...

Thank you again, dear Elenor. I so appreciate you taking time to comment often, it makes me happy. Please take good care and stay safe.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I agree she is intense and appealing. I am working on doing variations of her in the future. Take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you dear Denise, yes that would be fun, but then anytime with you is fun, spinach or not. I am in the last 50 pages of the book you sent to me. You are right, it is excellent. I certainly have a different perspective of the war and it is good to stretch this weary brain a bit. Please take care.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, I am glad you enjoyed the blog. Sometimes I get lucky and go to bed thinking "that was a pretty good one". Sometime I just go to bed. Thank you for your constant help with goodies for the blog, it is a big help. Thank you again.