Thursday, December 17, 2020

Day 3065: Happy Holidays, Olivia!

 

 


"Olivia": photo, collages, ink drawing, and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Michael Jackson, Butterflies.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 

 
 


•  An beautiful 3+minute silent video, fiber arts show, here.
•  A charming 4-minute video, A Joy Story, here.
•  A fun 5-minute video, a day in the life of, here


 

Update

 

Finally, I am getting my few special Christmas ornaments in place.
They have been down from their perch since last Monday,
when GH#2 came by to help me. I just today got busy.
During the young WonderWoman years & 
33 years of married life, the holiday decor was in full tilt.
Big tree, lights, too many ornaments ... excess.
Later, I handed down all the good stuff to WW & family.

Now it's ...




My precious little tree. Perfect. I heard a personality saying
you could tell so much about a person by the tree selection. 
I thought about mine, yes, perfect! A one of a kind.
Bought at an art fair years ago, it's just under 12 inches.
Minimal is an overstatement?


                      
My 4" Japanese Santa from high school best friend 
                        Karen Hirota Tamura, almost 60+ years ago.



      The ancient door decor with rusty bells and an angel of me.
 


Christmas cactus in full bloom at the front door.


My Grandma's 4" high nativity, 100+ years old.
 


My 1" high wooden Christmas train a gift from Colin Morris,  
                                      over 30 years ago.




An antique steel car ornament by artist Sherry Goodloe, 2014.



A 28" primitive canvas angel, that watches over the studio year-round.





 I am just beginning to work on wrapping a few gifts.

























TMI?

The kicker is ... I love my smaller take on the season.
It takes an hour to put up or take-down.

What do you think?
 
Are you ready for a Merry Christmas?


 
 

 
    
      
Throwback Thursday ...
 
 

 
 
Young WonderWoman and her big sister, Lisa Suzuki, 1980.
Demura Sensei's kids class, Old Honbu Dojo, Santa Ana, CA
 
 
 
        


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 



 
 
 
                                                               
 
Thanks for visiting today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

Olivia is almost an animation figure. Haunting in a good way! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I was please with how she turned out.
She is a combination of photo, collage, and drawing with my mouse.

elenor said...

Oh, I love to see all your precious Christmas ornaments and all the other Christmas things. Each of them can tell a story and only you and maybe a few other persons know it. That makes them so special.
I also have collected such things over years - actually decades! - now and think back to happy times when I see them again. Such lovely and precious memories.
Have a good Friday

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, yes, the memories that go with our items make them precious. I mailed a Christmas card to you a few days ago, maybe it will make it in time?