Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Day 3056: Lockdown for the holidays.

 

 

 

"Cecilia": old photo, acrylics, stamps, collage, and digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for  Judith Hill, Always On My Mind.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...


 I, and so much of the world is on lock-down. 

How are you doing?

Today I thought I would ask some questions, 

and see if anyone would respond? 

 


Do you have a Christmas or holiday tree?

Do you have holiday decorations up yet?

Do you have a favorite decoration? why?

Do you, or will you send cards? 

Will you stay home for Christmas and the holidays?

What is your wish for 2021?



tiny Santa from best friend, Karen Hirota Tamura, 1956



Artist/friend Norma answered earlier.
Asked if she had a tree up, she said:
"Next week. I always wait until after Bob's birthday, Dec.3."
I said: "That's so nice that you wait till after Bob's birthday."
Then I remembered when I was little, I was told that since 
my birthday was so near to Christmas, 
we would wait & celebrate both together.
One gift for both on Christmas day. 
When I grew up I wanted to wait till after my birthday 
to decorate, since it was still 2 weeks prior.
But now I have already started to decorate, in a tiny way ...



I love my tiny tree!


before my birthday, a ways to go yet,
it doesn't seem as important anymore.


                






 
 
2GN2S 
 

       Indian village schoolteacher wins $1 million 

global prize and gives half to the runners-up

Ranjitsinh Disale, pictured here learning he had won, received the prize for his work promoting girls' education at a village school in Maharashtra, western India.

* entire article, here.




•  An energetic 1+minute video, what can go wrong, here.
•  An informative 2+minute video, Krampas, here.
•  A sweet 3-minute video, toy store, here.


 

Just because ...

 

Turq-browed Motmot



 
                        

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 

 
 

 


    Thanks for visiting today.
 
                                                          

 

6 comments:

marilyn said...

Yes we have a tree and it is up. I like it up early but I take it down right after Christmas. My favorite decoration is some vintage things from my mom and mother in law.
I have already sent some cards out. I have a few more to do. I'll send you one.
We always stay home for Christmas. Hopefully my son and daughter in law can come over this year.
My wish for 2921 is to not be afraid to go out and be around people.
Merry Christmas Jacki. Thanks for this blog which I read first every morning.
Marilyn

jacki long said...

Awww, thanks, Marilyn! We all miss you but are glad you are happy in AZ. I thank you also for answering, it is interesting to see what everybody is f=doing. Wishing you a Merry, and safe Christmas and 2021, this has sure been a year! take good care!

Julie said...

Thanks Jacki!
I put up my lights this weekend, and I'll blog about it, just need to take a picture of them...

john said...

THe addition of red both on the left and in the stamp are wonderful. What find you found in this photograph! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Julie, It is fun for me to picture what different people are doing during this time. Thank you for your response, eight so far.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I played with this one for a while last night. She does have a great face. I didn't think about the Christmas colors at the time as tey came from the postage stamps. I was happy with it in the end.