Sunday, December 13, 2020

Day 3061: ...we can still be hopeful.

 

 

"His vision": photo, collage, and digital.


 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Jack Johnson, Better Together.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

2GN2S/FYI

Our Plastic Problem Has Reached a Tipping Point—But we can still be hopeful ... excerpts from an in depth article, here.

 


 
Face masks, gloves, and other discarded plastic in the Red Sea.

Photojournalist Rich Carey captured a whale shark filter-feeding in an ocean littered with plastic debris.

“This year has just exacerbated all of the issues, but the silver lining is that it’s also shining a really bright spotlight on what needs to be done to solve this pollution crisis.”

Nearly every component of Tom Ford’s new watch is made from ocean plastic, repurposing 35 plastic bottles in total.
 
Lonely Whale, just announced the Tom Ford Plastic Innovation Prize, which will award $1 million to the best non-toxic alternative to thin-film plastic. 

House of Fluff’s new “shearling” coats are made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic.
 
 
“We need innovation to move faster, but every single one of us also needs to be careful about how we’re dealing with resources,” Gutsch says.

Parley organizes global beach clean-ups and transforms the recovered plastic into a fine performance fiber.

“The capacity of this planet to take on more of our toxic products and materials has been reached. We simply can’t be as wasteful as we were in the past.

NextWave Plastics, a Lonely Whale partner, has organized a global supply chain network for plastic diverted from oceans.



 
 


•  A lovely 3+minute video, Thailand/music, here.
•  A 6-minute musical video, Clapton & McCarthy, here.
•  A heart-warming 3-minute video, rescue, here.


 

Just because ...

 

Crested coua


 
                        

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 

 

 


 
 


 
   


 
 
                                                               Thanks for stopping by today.

 


4 comments:

john said...

I always love your sunglass pieces. The title threw me at first but then I discovered why. I like being thrown! :-)

jacki long said...

I do find myself thinking of you when I decide on a title.
When I am stuck, i re-read my text an something usually pops out?

elenor said...

I nearly never say thanks to your kind answers to my comments. I so appreciate each of them and want to say thank you for yesterday's. Your good wishes mean a lot to me.
We were seeing my family this afternoon and really were lucky that it had stopped raining for the 2 hours we spent together. So we could go for a walk and have coffee and cake in the garden. You must know temperatures here are near the freezing point. Next time we will meet at Christmas.
Jacki, I hope you have a good new week.

jacki long said...

Dear Elenor, thank you so much for commenting. I am so glad for you and your family to be together this weekend, and that the rain cooperated. We think it's cold here when it gets down into the '60s, so we are spoiled. It does get near freezing at night sometimes. Take good care and have a good safe week ahead.