Friday, December 4, 2020

Day 3052: A lock-down within a lock-down.

 

 

"Millie": old school photo, collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Smokey Robinson, Ooo Baby, Baby. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

 

Another fire? Yes, I am afraid so. The air outside is heavy with the pungent smell of fire. The sky is pale oragish-white. I have received notice of the nearby fire and voluntary evacuation. Again. For now I am holed up in my little airtight home. A lock-down within a lock-down.

WonderWoman took this picture on her way over to bring food. I opened the door and the air was heavy with smoke. If I stay indoors, I think I will be okay. 

 

 
 


•   A thoughtful 2 minute video, Indifference, here.
•   An interesting 6-minute video, Secretary birds, here.
•  A jouful 2-minute video, Msake Kids, here.


 

Just because ...


          

Purple grenadier finch


 
                        

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

 

5 comments:

elenor said...

Oh, these times have become even more difficult than we knew. Jacki, please take care and stay safe. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki,

I thought all the videos were fascinating. Thank you for the bright spot in the day.

jacki long said...

Dear Elenor, Thank you! We are fine. It does seem we are often dealing with fires, winds sometimes earthquakes. High price for ideal weather and location. Thank you again for your caring, you are so kind.

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol, I am glad you liked the videos, it is mostly fun to search for them.

john said...

I love how you achieved the vertical lines in this piece. :-)