Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Day 3057: Anticipation.

 

 

"Catherine's anticipation": old photo, junk mail collage, and digital.

'


 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Judith Hill, Cry, Cry, Cry.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

 Update

 

 

WonderWoman flew in at noon with goodies to fatten me up!

 

                   

Erin just dropped off a gob of TJ groceries, all guaranteed to pack on some pounds, but taste really good. I had three things on my list, she brought 19, all very welcome but deadly. I am thinking I will fix some tamales for lunch, no calories there. She also brought my favorite, the great Satsuma tangerines! I am hoping that you may have tried them? They are awesome.


 And she is off, My hero!



 


2GN2S

WASHINGTON — TIME magazine has named a 15-year-old Colorado scientist and inventor as the "2020 Kid of the Year." 

 


Gitanjali Rao was selected out of a field of more than 5,000 U.S.-based nominees.  While TIME Magazine has selected a Person of the Year for the past 92 years, this is the first time the outlet has named a Kid of the Year. Article and videos, here.


The four other Kid of the Year finalists included Tyler Gordon, 14, from San Jose, Calif.; Jordan Reeves, 14, from Columbia, Mo.; Bellen Woodard, 10, from Leesburg, Va.; and Ian McKenna, 16, from Austin. Each of the young leaders has made a positive impact in their communities, from growing food for those in crisis, to designing better toys for kids with disabilities, and starting new conversations about racial justice. 


 
 


•  Three 1+minute video3 & article, Dolly Parton, here.
•  A musical 4+minute video, more Jerusalema, here.
•   A interesting 3-minute, Bill Gate's book list, here.


Just because ...

 

Black-winded Stilt



 
                        

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 







      







       




         







           





                                                            Thanks for stopping by today.

 

             

4 comments:

john said...

I love the geometric ness that you gave this piece. Perfect color choice. :-0

Carrol Wolf said...

What a great blog, Jacki!
The little girl in your art looks like she has loads of packages. The Time Cover Story is so up lifting. Finally some good news!

And I certainly laughed at all the cartoons.

Plus the videos were great. Stan had shown me the one with the singing.

We made it to hump day. Looking forward to your uplifting blog tomorrow.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I do love Christine. I love the way the collage came through the shadows. Serendipity. Sometimes I get lucky.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Carol!
I was happy with this blog last night before I went to bed. Sometimes it is so-so, but I did like this one. It is good for me to look for upbeat stories, I guess we can all use that. Take good care & be safe.