Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Day 3049: When an ordinary Monday turns special.

          
 
 
 
"Duality": graphite drawing, acrylics, collage & digital.

 
 
 
 
 



Want music?



Click here for Justin Timberlake, Can't Stop The Feeling.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Update

 What does it take to turn an ordinary Monday special?


It started with WonderWoman calling to say she was stopping by.


With groceries and, the first 2020 Christmas card ...

 
 And I waves as she was off to save the world.

That would be enough to make it a special day, but it gets better.

Unexpected, Grandhunks 3 & 2 stopped by at 2pm to take down my Christmas decorations. They fit in one big container high on my garage shelf. For me it involves a step-ladder, for them it is an easy reach.  I unloaded the decorations, and they put back the empty bin. Easypeasy.

Zack was off from work early, and Jake had finished his homework, so they stayed a while. They enjoyed a Squirt with a tangerine juice infusion. I enjoyed having them visit. Then they were off to work out.


 Special.

 


 
 


 
•   A heartwarming 3+minute video, pup rescue, here.
•  A sweet 6+minute animation, fox & mouse, here.
•   A cute  3-minute video, sisters,  here.



2GN2S

DPS Aero Bureau Encounters Monolith in Red Rock Country

On November 18, 2020, the Utah Department of Public Safety Aero Bureau was working with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources to conduct a count of big horn sheep in a portion of southeastern Utah.

While on this mission, they spotted an unusual object and landed nearby to investigate further.

The crew members found a metal monolith installed in the ground in a remote area of red rock.

The crew said there was no obvious indication of who might have put the monolith there.

The exact location of the installation is not being disclosed since it is in a very remote area and if individuals were to attempt to visit the area, there is a significant possibility they may become stranded and require rescue. We are encouraging anyone who knows the location of the monolith to not attempt to visit it due to road conditions.

UPDATED 11/24/20: Official Statement from the Bureau of Land Management: “Although we can’t comment on active investigations, the Bureau of Land Management would like to remind public land visitors that using, occupying, or developing the public lands or their resources without a required authorization is illegal, no matter what planet you are from.

We know many of you are interested in the monolith that has gone viral on social media. You can find the Bureau of Land Management (@BLMNational) official statement and more information below:
Official statement: "Although we can't comment on active investigations, we would like to remind public land visitors that using, occupying, or developing the public lands or their resources without a required authorization is illegal, no matter what planet you are from."




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ANOTHER FIRST FOR 2020 

 

 
             
Just because ...   
 
 
Torino Titi
 
       

 
 
Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 
 








                         

                                       














                                                           Thanks for taking time to visit today.

 

 

 

7 comments:

elenor said...

Your family really is special, Jacki.
Duality is fabulous!
Have a fine day.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I love to hear from you!
Have a wonderful, safe December with your family.

john said...

Duality is just great. Another winner. I had read about the desert sculpture. I wonder if we will find out who really put it there. I know they have a possible artist. There was a long article in the paper about it. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Loved the graphic, and Sometimes I actually feel like the creature that was "Just Because". I'm not even certain which were the eyes.

I have a new cell phone, but it is blank and since the old one died when I placed it in the microwave, I am taking my laptop to AT&T to see if they can get the info off the cloud. Wish I was a techie. (Actually I don't want to spend that much time of my life away from painting.)

Always love the family stories, and I hope you know that all this attention they give you now, is because of what you gave them earlier on. You should be so proud of what a great mom/gramma you are!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I am glad you like Duality, it was done last night and felt good. Something about monoliths, right? I heard they had another one somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Denise Slocombe said...

The boys look great. The Monolith...intriguing.

jacki long said...

Awww, thanks, dear Carrol. Yes, I am lucky, but you are so right, it is based on lots and lots of time when they were tiny consistently until they grew up into the giants they are now.

So sorry about your cell phone, I am pretty sure they can transfer from your laptop. I agree I wish I was more techie, but the Apple people kindly tell me that for 78, almost 79, I am fairly techie.