Saturday, October 26, 2019

Day 2647: A very little story.





Harriet: collage, digital sketch.












Want music?

 




Click here for Charlie Puth, One Call Away.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










A very little story.

ARTbar, circa 2009



Years ago I used to demonstrate for the ARTbar ...
during ArtWalk at Santa Ana, Ca. Art District.
It was fun, and I usually got some work done.
I recently came across this photo ...
and thought I'd tell the story that goes with it.
Families came by, and these kids wanted to stay, 
so their parents went on to other galleries, to return later.
As I was starting to put down a piece of paper on the canvas,
I looked up to see the young lady on the right (maybe 5?) ...
 shaking her head, no. I said, "no?".  She shook her head, no.
I moved it to another space, and checked with her.
She nodded yes, and that's where it went.
My youngest critic, and I think she was right on!







Are you ready for Halloween? In the mood etc.?


I have a wooden pumpkin on my front door, that's it.




But I thought, maybe like me, you might need a seasonal boost?
I saved these from my Mom & No Pop advertising agency days.






Sometimes companies like French Paper Company
also a family business, sent me ...




cool stuff, and I share it with you.




I so enjoy creativity and inspiration.






and I thought you might enjoy these too?






A few days off, but Happy early Halloween!











A smile for Saturday ...








2 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Loved this entire post. Your graphic is great and the pieces you sent are eye popping. I do remember that story from one of you classes and I love it. (Just shows I am right when I tell my husband that we will eventually need only 10 books on our shelf because by the time we have finished the 10th, we will have totally forgotten the 1st.)

My halloween decor is even more minimal that yours. Going by the "less is more" theory of decoration.

john said...

Great post, Jacki! I love the cartoon of the pumpkin and the barber. I love the story of the young critic. I love the feature piece today. Lots of love going your way! :-)