Friday, October 11, 2019

Day 2632: Third day at Les Bassacs.






"View from Joucas": photography










Want music?

 




Click here for Billy Preston, Will It Go Round in Circles.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






On the third day we went to Joucas, a hilltop village ...



The lavender was harvested before we arrived... 



but the vineyards were near to harvest time.


Joucas is a terraced village built on a hill opposite the 
ochre of Roussillon. The beautiful countryside in this 
peaceful village, is largely overlooked by tourists, 
unlike the other villages in the Luberon. 

Joucas has plenty of picturesque narrow streets ...



We were free to roam or find a location to paint or draw.

Joucas has many sculptures by a resident artists.





 ready.Joucas post office
When we returned  home to to Les Bassacs from Joucas, 
lunch was ready for us.





The afternoon, as always, was free for art, walks etc. 
The dinner bell rang at 7:30pm. The evening was free as well.



This fruit salad was the best I have ever tasted.
Fresh fruit topped with herbs, spices and ginger.


I can't remember what this was, I just know that every 
single dish served was amazingly good. I have always said ...
"I could eat healthy if someone would cook it for me."



And just the picture of the dessert, had me drooling!


Every dessert was special and unique.

A private room, all meals and daily transportation/driver 
were paid in advance, as was my airfare.
So blessed to have everything included.








A smile for Friday ...






3 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Love the cartoon. That is the way to see life.

john said...

OMG! I could eat those potatoes right now! I remember them from France! :-)

Jane I said...

Jacki,

Jacki

Thanks so much for the lovely memory of our day at the Lavender Museum.
I lost all the photos I took on my cell phone. Jane Ice