Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Day 2629: Esperanza!





Esperanza!: acrylic, canvas & digital









Want music?

 




Click here for Childish Gambino, Feels like Summer.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I'm still blaming jet-lag for my lethargy, even though I've been 
home from the dream vacation a little over two weeks? 
Either that, or I am just permanently lazy?


Over the next few days, maybe off and on, 
I plan to recount parts of the fifteen day getaway.  
I was lucky to be invited to join this trip.
An art trip with 11 artist/teachers, with no teacher.

Paris, before landing at CDG Aiport, Paris.



I traveled lighter, one checked suitcase & a backpack for 15 days!
These are not my bags, but some of our group in Marseille.


Met at the airport by David, our host and a taxi van, we drove to
our home for the entirety. Les Baccacs, a hamlet in Marseille.







Sunset our first evening, viewed from the dining room.




The long dining room was once a stable, note the 18" walls.




View from the dining room into the kitchen & staff of four.




We had numbered rings to save on laundry, I was 12. 
We were encouraged to take a different seat each meal.




Breakfast was at 8 daily, always mueseli, a selection of yougurts,
fresh fruits, fresh warm croissants and various breads. 
The bell above, was rung for lunch,
which was ready when we came home daily around 1:30pm.
The bell was rung again for dinner at 7:30 pm.
Our first dinner was ...




Next, individually served, the dessert! 
Accompanied nightly by oo's and ah's.



I am not used to desserts. But, what a treat!
It's like a wonderful gift, after the meal. 
All meals were served with water, tea & coffee.
Two wines were served with lunch and dinner. 
I enjoyed that too.

More to come.








A smile for Tuesday ...






2 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Jacki - delighted you plan to let us take a peek at your amazing. trip! Love the detail and your photos are terrific! Sharing your artistic gifts as a group must have been great fun since each artist generally puts their own spin on what they create! Keep the photos coming....enjoying them!

john said...

Oh how I love Esperanza! Really wonderful! Thanks for more photos of your trip. The food looks amazing! :-)