Monday, August 5, 2019

Day 2566: I saved three to share.





Variation #2: old photo, collage & digital











Want music?

 




Click here for Lionel Richie,  Love Will Conquer All.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









As mentioned (here), Pinterest sometimes sends me 
photos they think I will like. Today's photo is one. 

 
(original photo)

I loved the composition.
I combined with one of my acrylic collages.

my acrylic collage


I played with many variations and I saved three to share.


Variation #3.

Variation #4












2GN2S:

 

Ordinary Street Scenes of Japan 

Illustrated by Masashi Shimakawa






The scenes that illustrator Masashi Shimakawa 
decided to memorialize are not special in any way. 
They depict ordinary moments on ordinary streets of Japan: 
a person waiting for a light to change, 
a row of vending machines or an eatery at dusk, 
glowing from within. But finding beauty in 
the mundane is something Shimakawa excels at.






Shimakawa was born in Hyogo and is based in Kyoto 
so one could assume that a large majority of the scenes 
he illustrates are somewhere in Kansai. 
Viewers are treated to occasional hints like a train 
station or the name of an eatery, but for 
the most part the locations remain unknown. 






Regardless, Shimakawa treats each scene with a 
beautiful color palette and unique texture that 
invites viewers to take in each and every detail. 











 


 
More of his work is online or follow Masashi Shimakawa
on Twitter or Instagram. He doesn’t sell his work 
online but is currently accepting commissions.

What do you think? Do you have a favorite. I'd love to know.










A smile for Monday ...





2 comments:

Julie said...

I like to see your digital work. Far out!
I also like seeing the different artists you feature.

john said...

Oh how I love this one! :-)