Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Day 2567: ... a precious gift.





The young WW at 3: old photo. collage & digital.











Want music?

 




Click here for The Commodores, Just To Be Close to You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I spent a great Monday with WonderWoman ...




and cut my usual day workout. Priorities, right? 




WonderWoman had a return to make to ... 




at Pacific City, a large outdoor shopping mall on PCH,


overlooking the ocean, so a Pacific check for Lynn in Colorado. 






Note the chairs where you can put your feet up, 
check out the beach, your phone or the traffic. 






They have many restaurants there, but we were hungry for ... 




 Shin Sen Gumi, our favorite ramen place in Fountain Valley. 




I am eating leftover rice as I write this.
Next, WW flew us to the Irvine Spectrum
for more shopping and walking, it's huge!
After a quick drive thru at  Chic-fil-A  for a ...



frozen lemonade! 
If you haven't tried it, maybe you should?
It was a perfect end to a great day. 





Thanks WonderWoman.
Time with you is a precious gift.


,



2GN2S:







It occurred to Pooh and Piglet that they hadn't heard from Eeyore for several days, so they put on their hats and coats and trotted across the Hundred Acre Wood to Eeyore's house. Inside the house was Eeyore."Hello Eeyore," said Pooh."Hello Pooh. Hello Piglet" said Eeyore, in a Glum sounding voice. "We just thought we'd check on you," said Piglet, "because we hadn't heard from you, and so we wanted to know if you were okay."
Eeyore was silent for a moment. "Am I okay?" he asked, eventually. "Well, I don't know, to be honest. Are any of us really okay? That's what I ask myself. All I can tell you, Pooh and Piglet, is that right now I feel really rather Sad, and Alone, and Not Much Fun To Be Around At All.
Which is why I haven't bothered you. Because you wouldn't want to waste your time hanging out with someone who is Sad, and Alone, and Not Much Fun To Be Around At All, would you now."
Pooh looked and Piglet, and Piglet looked at Pooh, and they both sat down, one on either side of Eeyore in his stick house. Eeyore looked at them in surprise. "What are you doing?"
"We're sitting here with you," said Pooh, "because we are your friends. And true friends don't care if someone is feeling Sad, or Alone, or Not Much Fun To Be Around At All. True friends are there for you anyway. And so here we are."
"Oh," said Eeyore. "Oh." And the three of them sat there in silence, and while Pooh and Piglet said nothing at all; somehow, almost imperceptibly, Eeyore started to feel a very tiny little bit better.
Because Pooh and Piglet were There. No more; no less.

Author - AA Milne
Illustration - EH Shepard







A smile for Tuesday ...







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacki, i must say that reading your blog everyday with my morning coffee has become such a part of my life that I take you are your blog for granite. So, I just wanted to tell you that the time and effort you spend each day creating these little gems of wisdom are much appreciated. I am a big Winnie the Pooh fan and today was one of my favorites. I will be visiting some of my favorite Eeyores a little later on. Thanks for your daily blog. Love it!!!!

Julie said...

Cool, I like your different topics.
I've never been to Pacific City even though I go to the pier a lot.

john said...

What a sweet heart! I love what you did to emphasize the cheeks. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John Yess, she was a good subject. ;o)