Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Day 2575: Can you blame me?






access:  junk mail collage.












Want music?

 




Click here for  Al Green, People Get Ready.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I am thinking more and more about this upcoming trip!
Still so much to do, and how is it August 13th already? 




Arts in Provence is run by David and Liz Atkinson 
from a group of typical Provençal village houses.  
They moved to France in 1990 with an ambition to create 
a place to run workshops, providing guests with 
memorable experiences in their chosen creative area. 
The workshops are run from a typical Provençal village 
house full of character, with traditional spiral staircases, 
low beams and terracotta floors. The house which dates back 
to 1487, was converted by us from a group of semi-derelict
 farm buildings. The studio was originally the sheep barn!
The bedrooms are simply furnished, some are ensuite, 
others have shared bathrooms. I have a private room, 
sharing a bath with Marj. There is a well-stocked library 
for artists to use. The painting studio, the dining room and 
terrace look out over the swimming pool towards the 
Alpilles hills,and take in the astounding red ochre of 
Roussillon and the spectacular village perché of Gordes.
After work . . . after a day’s art, there will be time to enjoy 
the terrace and the pool, often accompanied by a beautiful 
sunset, before joining for a convivial evening meal.





Food has played an important part in making Les Bassacs 
a success. Using fresh local ingredients, 
the meals have a distinctly Provencal flavor. 
A breakfast of croissants and bread fresh from the local 
boulangerie begins the day. We can also enjoy fruit, 
muesli and yogurt as well as fruit juice, coffee and teas.
Lunch is a buffet, or sometimes a picnic in the countryside.
The evening meal is a three course dinner, taken in the 
dining room overlooking the valley. 
We serve local wine with lunch and dinner.

*Side-note: I rarely drink only because I am a lightweight, 
I live alone and I drive, so it just not doable. 
However, in France, my meals and wine are paid for 
and I am not driving!




        
Surrounded by cherry orchards, vineyards and olive groves.             There are lavender fields all around the hameau and 
the wild garrigue is just a few minutes walk from our door. 
The small lane that leads out of the back of the hameau 
 takes you out into a perfumed wilderness. 





We (11) will travel by mini-bus daily into  the markets, 
countryside and villages of the Luberon. 
As well as being met on9/7 and delivered back 
to the Marseille Provence airport on 9/21.
Seven of our eleven are on a return tip, some, their fourth! 
Four of us are novices to European travel.  We'll learn.





I have my new passport. I have passed paper screening for 
Global Entry, but my interview appointment is scheduled
for October 10! ;op  I will get travel insurance and a 
European Health card at the PO. Lots to think about?

About 50% of my waking thought are drifting to this trip.
Can you blame me?







just because ...








JB/just because* is a new addition to the blog's  
When I come across unusual work that I think you might enjoy?
And, I will credit the artist when the name is available.









A smile for Wednesday ...








1 comment:

Carrol Wolf said...

Always enjoy the cartoons at the end. You may never come back to the states after you sample European life, and their wine. Wish I was small enough to fit into your suitcase.

I do remember packing for similar adventures and looking inside the suitcase where I was stacking clothes, only to find a small black poodle snuggled down on my things with a pensive look on his face. It said only too well that he knew what was happening and did not approve.

Can't wait to read your blogs from there and experience your findings vicariously.