Saturday, August 24, 2019

Day 2585: Yes, I hear you now!






Blueprint: junk mail collage & digital.












Want music?

 




Click here for H.E.R. & Daniel Caesar,  Best Part.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









New news!
I have two ears like everybody else, but one didn't work.
When I was 19, in college, I got mumps and a very high fever.


At first I had no hearing at all, but with medication, the left 
finally recovered, the right didn't. A complete nerve loss.
It wasn't so bad, the left was stronger and I learned to lip-read.
My Dad, however, felt bad for me, as if I wasn't whole.
He repeatedly said, "when I'm gone you can have one of mine."
With the years galloping by, the left eventually heard less well. 
 I missed a lot. Family, students & friends were patient with me.
One friend said "you've been deaf as long as I've known you."` 


Thursday I got 1 tiny hearing aid for my left ear.
Yes, I can hear you now, and a lot of extras.
I heard the big fans at Costco, I had never noticed. They're loud!
I heard my turn signals for the first time! A new world!







I got a call from WonderWoman & Superman Thursday night.
They wondered if I could puppy-sit Friday through Sunday?
They had forgotten that their 24th anniversary is on Monday.
I said:  Is the Pope Catholic?


So, they are off to Palm Springs,


and I am at the house on the hill till Sunday.

8 pm August 24, 2019

Wishing WonderWoman & Superman Happy Anniversary!


And, a wonderful weekend for you kind reader!











A smile for Saturday ...







2 comments:

john said...

I like the softness and also the hardness in this piece. It is both relaxing and then there is a jolt to wake me up.

cherril doty said...

As usual, I love how John hones in on your beautiful collages, picking the exact right words to describe.....