Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Day 2589: Happy Birthday Dad!





Dad & his Grandma, 1910, Indiana:  collage, old photo & digital










Want music?

 




Click here for  Luther Vandross, Dance With my Father.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Dad died 23 years ago at age 86.
He would be 110 today.


Dad, age 5 at the fishing hole.


He always said he had the best childhood.
Later he lived through the depression & was forever frugal.
He never smoked or drank.
I never heard him swear except once, when he was
teaching me to drive & I popped the clutch in the VW!
My dad was a driver, Greyhound buses, Yellowstone & 
later he chauffeured movie stars to work & back home. 
He had a lot of name dropping & stories.
He made the Olympic diving team when younger
but got TB and had to spend time in recovery.
A heartbreak. He loved to dance & tell stories.


Father's Day, 1975, Yorba Linda, CA


He had wanted a boy, but got me.
He always called me Jack.




Happy Birthday Dad!







For Throwback Thursday on Wednesday ...






Dad at age 80, 1990, Hong Kong.
I don't think I ever saw my Dad happier than 
riding that "Junk" in Hong Kong Harbor.
  He said "it was just like in the movies."










A smile for Wednesday ...







1 comment:

john said...

I like what you did with the numbers and the top border. :-)