Monday, November 1, 2021

Day 3360: Originally ten children.

 

 

 

 

"Aunt Martha at 18": old photo, drawing, collage & digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Sergio Mendez, Mas que nada.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

I was thinking today about people who make room in their hearts and life for people who need help.

When I was in high school, my good friend Nancy's family took me with them on vacations on the Kern River. I learned to water ski and camp out. It wouldn't have happened without their kindness. My Dad didn't take vacations. 

And, when young WonderWoman was in school, her friend Kerry's family took her with them skiing, and also to Mexico camping. 

Aunt Martha and Aunt Vonda flew out from Indiana, late summer after my high school senior year. I was planning to work, college was not an option financially. They packed me up and took me to Indiana and put me in collage. Probably the biggest and most life-changing gift of my life.
People who make room in their life for people who need help, are surely God's favorite people.

 

 

Happy Birthday Aunt Martha! Today is her birthday. I love this picture of my Mom's second oldest sister, Martha, as a high school graduate.


And, this one of three of the four family teachers.

Martha, Pauline & Fern

Originally ten children grew up on the Beatty farm.
Three of the boys died too early.

front: Aunt Fern, Grandpa, Grandma, Mom  back row: Aunt Vonda, Uncle Pete,Aunt Martha, Uncle Les & Aunt Pauline

Aunt Martha dated Uncle Jerry. I remember he smoked a pipe.

Uncle Jerry & Aunt Martha

They were married many years.

Aunt Martha & Uncle Jerry

Uncle Russell, Aunt Fern, Aunt Pauline, Uncle Owen, Aunt Martha, Uncle Jerry, & Grandpa.

Later Aunt Martha was a single lady and a master teacher her whole life, and later retired to marry Uncle Jewell.

Uncle Jewell & Aunt Martha on the Queen Mary, Long Beach. CA 1973

I lived with my Aunt Martha during the years 
Aunt Vonda and Aunt Martha sent me to Ball State University. As anyone who ever met her knows, 
she had such a wonderful sense of humor
beside all her many other terrific qualities.
 

 
I used to say, "Aunt Martha's in the kitchen"!
Because, whenever she cooked, she would ...
bang pots and pans making enough noise for ten people! I teased her about it,  she said it came from living alone, so it was like she had company! 
She would just laugh and shine that great smile of hers. I miss her so. 
 

Happy Birthday Aunt Martha.
 

 

 
 
A fun 4-minute video, kids & dogs, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Greater Roadrunner
   
 
 
                     

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 


 
 

 
 

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

I love the shadow above the eyes. The gradations of color are just perfect. :-0

elenor said...

I so love all your family pictures and stories. What a blessing to have such dear people in our lives. Loved forever, never forgotten, always missed.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. This is one that I am fond of.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I agree and am so grateful.