Sunday, November 21, 2021

Day 3380: Buck.

 

 

"Buckminster Fuller": postage stamp & junk mail collage.
 

 



Want music?




Click here for Rose Royce, Ooh Boy!
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

A Thanksgiving tradition

 


Five years ago, Wanda Dench sent an accidental text message that sparked one of the internet's most beloved holiday traditions. Dench, from Mesa, Arizona, sent a text inviting her grandson over for dinner -- except it didn't go to her grandson. It went to Jamal Hinton, a high school kid at the time in the same area. They had a laugh over it, and then Hinton jokingly asked if he could still come over. "Of course you can," Dench replied. "That's what grandmas do ... feed everyone." Since then, the pair have connected every year, and Hinton posts about the get-togethers on social media. "Blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives," he wrote in 2019. Even last year, after Dench's husband Lonnie passed away from Covid-19 in April 2020, Hinton was still able to connect with her for the holiday. This year, they'll meet once again, to share life's trials and joys together.

"We are all set for year 6!" he wrote, alongside a text message from Dench inviting him, his girlfriend Mikaela and his family over. He also included a photo of himself, Dench, Mikaela and Dench's late husband Lonnie, who died in April 2020 after a battle with Covid-19


 Update ...

When I spoke without editing ...

At the recent karate banquet, a young, very handsome young man came up to me and stretched out his arms for a hug. I looked at him and someone said "don’t you know who this is?" I shook my head. The young man beamed and said "Jacki?" Then someone said "it’s Connor Hines." And without editing, I said “Oh, my gosh, you are gorgeous”!  We hugged.

Connor Hines, Mr Nguyen (Thanh's Dad), Jackson Hines, Ethan Nguyen.

I have known all three young men since their Mom's were expecting them. But they do grow up!

 

 

 
 
 
An inspiring 6-1/2-minute video, Guy Warren, here. 
* I hope you'll see this when you have time, it is so inspiring.
Thanks to artist/friend for sharing this with me.
 
 
 
Just because ...
 
Saddle-necked stork

 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 




 
 




 
 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

What a great blog again, Jacki. I really, really enjoyed all of it. From the beginning to the end.
I don't watch the suggested video each time but today I did. Maybe because you wrote "I hope you'll see this ...." You didn't promise too much. His twinkling eyes and his strong voice could be those of a twenty year old man. It was so inspiring and providing hope and confidence. Thanks for sharing.
.... this is the year to appreciate everything that you have .... we should remember this every minute.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, Yes, I need those reminders everyday and that video I need to er-visit often! I hope you are okay in your lock-down? Maybe a collage?

john said...

Oh yes! Love those jeans! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks,John, me too, they were fun to do.