Friday, November 12, 2021

Day 3371: Service.

 

 

"Ginger": ink brush drawing, acrylic, and collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Redbone, Come & Get Your Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...

Yesterday, Wednesday, I got my hair cut and serviced after a shaggy accumulation over seven weeks. Thursday I took my Honda in for service, after sitting in the garage un-driven for seven weeks. It seemed only fair?

I drive an older Honda Hybrid. 107,000 miles and counting. My Grandhunks call it a Prius, but it is a an aging 2010 Honda. 

Using regular gas (now $4.58 gal.!!!) and it gets 38 mpg in town, 55 mpg once on a trip to Paso Robles. It requires service about once a year ... 
when the yellow light comes on. My bill today $86.62. It does everything I need it to do, and I should have been smart enough to have had it sooner. Today's service wait was estimated 2 hours, so I skipped the shuttle and went to the waiting room to read. I got sleepy so I took a few pictures of what I saw in the waiting room. This is tricky, because you don't want people to know you are invading their privacy, a little bit.
 
 


 And when I tried to be clever and shoot behind me, I found a dance going on?
 
 
Once my car was ready and I had paid my bill, I shot a few more outside as I waited for them to bring out my car.

my shoe, as reference? ;o)














I can usually find something to shoot, anywhere.
TMI?



 
 
 
A great 9-minute video, Tomb of the Unknown Soldierhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Condor

 
 
  


  Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 

 


 



 
 
 


 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

The photos you took while waiting are great. You used the time to be creative and looked at all things as an artist. You might have asked yourself what is worth photographing and how you could make a nice composition. I like the abstract motives and the shoes - that's really fun.
I made a collage today. Can you believe it? And I had fun.
Happy weekend, Jacki.

john said...

Ginger is just lovely. The leaves in her hair is brilliant. You sure found a lot of textures while waiting. I think the one woman knew you were taking her photo. Her eyes tell a story. :-)

jacki long said...

Great, Elenor! I have been hopoing you would get back to collage! I hope you'll share when you can?

jacki long said...

Thank, John. Darn! And I thought I was being subtle. ;o)