Saturday, November 27, 2021

Day 3386: Not so black Friday.

 

 

"Yvonne": ink drawing, digital.


 



Want music?




Click here for Al Green, Lets Stay Together.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...

The day after Thanksgiving, aka *Black Friday ...
has a different spin for our family.
(*named for merchants selling enough to pull them out of the negative red ink to the positive black ink in sales. I am explaining this for artist/friend Heidi in Austria, so she doesn't have to google.)

WonderWoman, best friend Cheryl, Cheryl's Mom, Carole & I upheld the little known tradition of shopping at Fashion Island in Newport Beach.






The girls went early, no crowds, lines or trampling people. Just some sales in a beautiful uncrowded setting. Carole and I went at 10:30. Lunch at R&D kitchen was perfect. I could have photographed the food, but ... we ate it instead.





 
Fashion Island is a pretty place and they go all out for their very tall Christmas tree. Lovely place to shop or people watch. Lots of dogs socializing too.






We avoided the stores that meant standing in line just to try on our potential sales. We went to alot of stores and as usual I took photos of whatever appealed to me.

 
 
close-ups of stuff I saw ...
 
Then it was time to shop ...
 
 
Layers of shopping at Nordstroms.

 
Serious shopping discussion.
 

Carole loves pink so I pointed out these unusual $1200 pink tennies by Valentino?
 
 
Lots os well behaved dogs shopping, this one not so interested in shoes today.
 

WonderWoman wanted me to do a Pacific check for Rad Nana in Colorado, a perfect day for it.

Catalina Island in the distance.

Happy Thanksgiving Rad Nana!

It's always a fun time when we four get together.



WW's trunk after shooping, Carole's trunk had 2 bags.

Thanks Carole, Cheryl & WonderWoman! 




 

 
 
 
A 3-minute video,Yo-Yo Ma, the Swan, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Shag


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 
 


 


 


 


 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


2 comments:

elenor said...

You knew I didn't know why it's called "Black Friday", so thanks for telling. Here too are "Black Friday" offers and also Halloween got already popular, so I wonder when we will start to celebrate Thanksgiving?
Jacki, I so like to see you together with family and dear friends. Aren't these the moments we are looking forward all the time?
And your photos again are a real eye candy.
Have a fine Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, for liking my silly pictures, I often think I include too much. Yes, I am just home from dinner with Erin and we watched tv a while, good times!Happy Sunday to you too.