Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Day 3376: Friends

 

"Friends": ink brush drawing, acrylics & collage.

which started out as 2 ink brush drawings  ...     with watercolor.

 


Fun?
 
 


Want music?




Click here for Corine Bailey Rae, Call Me When
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update ...

When my Dad lived with us, in his eighties, he complained of having trouble getting to sleep. He was in the habit of watching the news in the evening. I said I thought he needed to stop watching in the evening, that he could catch up on everything in the morning. Luckily, he took my advice with good results.

I made a mistake. I started listening to the news. I went past my tolerance and got grouchier by the minute. I felt myself sinking into a submissive dormancy. So many problems that I have no solutions for. 
 
Things like honesty, respect, common sense seem obvious to me, but? Finally, a couple of smarter brain cells surfaced and said: "You are not in charge! You don't have to fix everything, but you do have to take care of yourself and your faith. So, I am on a time out from the news.
 
                                                   
So there!
 

 

 
 
 
A 6-minute music-video, Taylor Swifthere.


 
Just because ...
 
Koobaburra




 
 
   Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

  



 

 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

3 comments:

elenor said...

I'm so grateful you tell me that I don't have to fix everything. Is it because of my age that I see so many problems in the world? On the other hand I belief every generation had special challenges to overcome and they never have been easy. You are right not to listen to the news too often, especially not in the evening. I try the same. There are so many ways we can spend our time peacefully and creative.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor! I so appreciate your feedback on this silly blog. You and I both never know what will show up! Have a great week!

john said...

Friends really do look like they are enjoying themselves. You do have a way of sharing joy. :-)