Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Day 3382: Make something ...

 

"Wanda": photo, junk mail collage & digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Al Green, Love & Happiness.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...

 I, like 50,000 others, subscribe & get a newsletter Friday from




usually 10 things he wants to share & I so look forward to it.

Austin Kleon

Austin Kleon (@austinkleon) writer/artist living in Austin, Texas

A friend e-mailed me mentioning his blog and an article Austin wrote about blogging. She thought I might like it. And I did. And, when re-visiting his blog, I also saw this article,  "Make something for somebody." A short 3 paragraphs that sum up my belief ... when we take time to make anything for someone else, it gets us outside ourselves. And that, I think is a very good thing. 


me
 

* Being an only child, I was/am self- centered by default. A trait I don't admire in me or anyone, but wear around my neck. It may not show, but I am really trying to reach outside of me. So, one of the ways you might observe ... is me "making stuff for someone" ... whether they want it or not! ;o)

I might have a passing thought, "so and so would like that". I might let the thought pass, but more and more I am trying to act on it if I can. So maybe an old dog can learn new tricks?




 
 
A cute 2-minute video, dog & cat challengehere.


 
Just because ...
 
Wooly-necked stork

 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I can't remember exactly but didn't you mention Austin Kleon already some time ago? Of course I followed your link and found it quite inspiring.
Jacki, I so admire that you find something interesting every day. It's always a treat to visit your blog.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, it is your kind words that keep me going. Yes, I probably did mention Austin Kleon, he often has interesting things or links to others. I enjoy him. Happy weekend, coming.

john said...

All I can say is this is very special! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, happy holidays.