Sunday, November 7, 2021

Day 3366: I met Ivy!

 

 

"Bridge": junk mail collage.

 



Want music?




Click here for Jill Scott, He Loves Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...

Saturday, I did, as earlier mentioned, drive to the OLU thrift store to drop off donations. Then I did as mentioned, have a fish taco especiale at Rubio's. Then, not scheduled, I decided to go to Ivy's Bridge

for a chicken walnut salad, a real treat for supper.


While I was waiting for my to-go order, I read the paper. I was aware of two ladies on my left, but went ahead reading. I heard one lady leave but one lady stayed. Then I was aware of her watching me. She said, "are you studying?"  I said, "probably in one ear and out the other". We both laughed. She was a bit older, with lovely red hair and a glow about her. As we talked, I noticed her beautiful skin, and I said so. She said, "not bad for 93!" I said, "Oh my goodness, not bad for any age!" She talked about eating right, and I said she was surely a walking ad for that. She asked how old I am, I answered 80  (in about 4 weeks). She said, "you're not doing bad for 80 yourself." I thanked her. I had noticed that she had a name-tag on that said Ivy, but it didn't register. I have been to Ivy's Bridge hundreds of times,
as it's an institution in our downtown Tustin, known for their healthy food.

 

Ivy asked if she could see my eyes? She had me lower my lower eye lid, and said I could use a little iron. She said it would help my energy. This conversation lasted all of 10 minutes, but it made my day! Too soon my salad was ready. It wasn't until I got in my car, that I realized that I had just met the Ivy

And what a lovely lady.
 Don't you just love those special moments when you know you have been given a special gift?

 

 

 
 
 
An interesting 27-minute video, Surrealismhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Brassy-breasted Tanager


 
 


Smiles for Sunday ...
 

 


 
 
 

 
 

 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

Amelia Medina Davies said...

One lovely lady indeed!____You!

elenor said...

Love your collage, Jacki!
That's really a great gift meeting somebody you never saw before but your have the impression you have been friend all of your live. Sometimes such miracles happen.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Amelia. It was a special ten minutes.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor,it was really a lovely time. I have thought a lot about the randomness of it.