Friday, November 5, 2021

Day 3364: Bento and a Birthday.

 

 

"Millennial Gothic" : old photo, ink drawing, collage and digital.

 



Want music?




Click here for Kenny Loggins, This is it!
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 Update ...


Wednesday, WonderWoman flew in and took me to my 6 week check up with Dr. Sodl, my shoulder surgeon. They took x-rays again and he was pleased. So, I am now free of the dreaded sling!


And, I can drive as soon as I get AAA to come jump my battery. Six weeks parked in the garage does that. After the check-up, WW took me to lunch to celebrate. We went to ...


Ponzu Japanese Sushi Bar
945 17th St #104, Santa Ana, CA 92705
 

 
We both split vegetable tempura! So good!


 

He both ordered the Katsu bento box lunch. 


It was oishi (delicious), the chicken katsu was crispy and so tender, the gyoza , rice and California roll all perfect. I had leftovers for a feast at night.

 Thanks again, WonderWoman!!


 

2GN2S ... 

It's another Grandhunk birthday! 

GH#1 is 24 today. I just finished his card, but I doubt if I will see him on him today, though I will call and sing Happy Birthday to him, as always, it's a traditional punishment that goes along with having a birthday! I thought I would share some of the photos of the young Jordan from the card. GH#3 liked his recent photo card, so I asked GH#1 if he wanted one too, and he said yes. It is an accordian card with very young photos, a contrast to the giant he is now, the sweetness is the same.

front

page 2-3

page 4-5

page 6-7

back

Happy 24th Birthday, Jordan!

We all love you endlessly!   


Superman & Grandhunk #1, 2021

 

 

 
 
 
A cute 6-minute video, Hungry Caterpillarhere.

(for all the Grandma's and Grandpa's who read this story, over and over)

 
Just because ...
 
Scaly-breasted Munia

 
 


  Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 




 
 


 
 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

So happy for you that you finally got rid of the dreaded sling and that the doctor was pleased with your healing shoulder. I'm curious where your first drive will lead you.
Best wishes for Jordan's 24th birthday. You can be so proud of him and of all your family.
Have a wonderful weekend, Jacki!

john said...

So much fun! I did a gay version once and called it Italian Gothic. Very cool1 :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I just got a new battery so I will do some errands tomorrow.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks John,
It was fun to do, I might do another variation with purely collage instead of drawing?Happy weekend.